We really are in a new "golden age" of analog writing instruments, regardless of the never-ending corporate pressure to accept that "the pen is dead/go paperless"! You need look no further than the never-ending stream of new products coming to market this fall (and apparently finding a very receptive audience). Here's what's been threatening my wallet:
- Twist Bullet Pencil by HuckleberryWoodchuck and Metal Shop: Who would've thought that a popular 1930s-1940s agricultural promotional item would be making a comeback in 2014? I've backed this one (and am hoping that the anodized red color makes the final cut).
- Karas Kustoms Ink Fountain Pen: I have Karas Kustoms' full pen line (one of each of their models, the Render K, the Retrakt, and the Bolt). I'm looking to add the new Ink fountain pen to my collection as soon as we get to a new month and the budget opens back up. Yes, I'm trying to be disciplined here.
- Ti2 Techliner: Brad's new "Top Five" pen over at The Pen Addict. The Gonzodized finish is unique, and something I haven't seen before. I have a Ti2 pen that I like a lot, so this has moved onto the "must have" list.
- Field Notes Unexposed: I've been on the fence about these (because I'm not a neon type of guy), but I love the idea of "unexposed," and I'll probably cave and pick up a couple of three packs because, well, they're Field Notes.
- Doane Paper Utility Journals: Doane Paper just released their new small utility journal color 6 pack. Earlier this summer I finished my three pack of these, and will have to re-up soon.
- MassDrop: This brilliant idea has the potential to be a complete and total disaster for me. I'm already on the hook for a Mover machined pen from Tactile Turn, at a price I couldn't say no to. I'm envisioning much difficulty "saying no" to many things in the future, especially if some of the "drops" I've voted on pan out.
I've been on a bit of a buying hiatus lately, but that "might" be ending soon! If you see anything you think I might like and am missing out on here, let me know!