This week's links include some reviews of some unique products that don't get much attention. I'm glad to see the Nashville pencils and Yama Budo getting some love!
- Sailor Pro Gear Slim Starburst Galaxy. Mike Dudek from The Clicky Post reviews the slimmer Pro Gear model with a music nib. The stock Sailor Music nib is too wide for my taste, but I have a 1911 Standard with one that I had a nibmeister narrow down a bit, and it's an excellent writer.
- Nashville Pencil Set. Ana from the Well-Appointed Desk reviews the Nashville Pencil Set, which made an appearance in my Holiday shopping guide. I love these pencils. They are of excellent quality, and some of them (the "West End" and the "Midtown") are named after Nashville neighborhoods. Now if only I could find a use for that white wax pencil...
- Iroshizuku Yama Budo. Ian from PenPaperPencils does a quick ink review of what is probably my favorite purple ink. (I currently have it loaded in my Conid Bulkfiller Minimalistica.)
- The Grail Pen. Dr. Deans from Fountain Pen Economics discusses his next targeted acquisition, a Montblanc Hemingway, the original Montblanc Writer's Edition fountain pen. The concept of a "grail" pen has always interested me, but I don't think I've ever come across a pen that I would consider selling my entire collection to buy.
Some Crazy Good Amazon Deals
I will periodically run a few searches on Amazon to see if there are currently any discounts or deals worth mentioning. For those of you still snowed in and stuck shopping online this weekend, there are some really good deals available, including many deals on pens from my "best pens" lists. Note that the prices quoted below may be limited to specific colors and nib sizes. Unless otherwise indicated, Prime Shipping is available. Price and availability are subject to change, as is always the case with Amazon.
- Lamy 2000 Fountain Pen
- Lamy Safari
- Lamy AL-Star
- Lamy Studio with 14k nib. Please check out the review of this under-appreciated pen, if you haven't already.
- Pilot Metropolitan
- Pilot Kakuno
- Pilot Custom 74 Demonstrator. (Nearly 50% off--crazy price on this excellent pen.)
In case you missed it...
This week, I reviewed the Lamy Studio fountain pen with the two-toned gold EF nib, and also took a look at my five favorite black inks for fountain pens. I've also posted a few videos on YouTube, and I may start adding some short video content to the website going forward. So far, the reaction has been positive, and people seem to find videos helpful.
Last but not least, I'm making an effort to post more regular content on social media. On the blog sidebar you will find links to my Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube profiles. I'm most active on Twitter and Instagram, and if you follow me you'll have access to more photos (and maybe brief thoughts and impressions) on pens, ink, and other stationery goodness. As always, thanks for reading!
DISCLAIMER: This post contains affiliate links, through which I may be compensated a small amount if you purchase a pen from any of the sites linked to in this article. While I'd greatly appreciate it if you use these links to purchase a pen you are interested in, you are, of course, under no obligation to do so. Many thanks!