Discounts and Clearance Sales
As we make our way into "Black Friday" territory - and yes, it's no longer a day, it's apparently now an entire season that runs from Halloween to New Years - you're starting to see a lot of stores announce clearance sales and Black Friday promotions.
- Delta Pens on Sale (via Pen Chalet). Delta is one of my favorite brands for solid everyday writers, and Pen Chalet has several models for sale at a deep discount in their clearance section. Check out the Oblo, Horsepower, Virtuosa, and Prestige models. There's plenty of other stuff on clearance too. On top of the clearance, Pen Chalet is running a Veterans Day sale where you will get 10% off by using the code VETERAN.
- Anderson Pens Year-End Clearance (via Anderson Pens). As those of you who listen to the Anderson Pens podcast might have heard, they've added a bunch of stuff to their Outlet to reduce year-end inventory. Lots of pens, inks, and accessories are available, including some Faber-Castell pens.
- Parker IM Fountain Pen (via Massdrop). Parker is changing up their entire pen line, so you're starting to see some clearances on the older models.
- Pilot Matte Black Vanishing Point (via Amazon). You continue to see some lower pricing on the matte black vanishing point. This is a good opportunity to add one to your collection.
- Lamy Safari Dark Lilac (via Amazon). If you've not grabbed your 2016 Lamy Safari Dark Lilac, you may want to do it before the end of the year when Lamy starts to work on next year's color. Sometimes they hang around in the less popular colors, but I think the Dark Lilac version has been pretty successful.
- Pilot Custom 823 in Transparent Black (via Amazon). A Japan-only color that is not available in the U.S.
- Diplomat Aero Fountain Pen (via Amazon). There are some attractive opportunities out there right now on the Diplomat Aero fountain pen. If you missed my review, check it out here.
- Karas Kustoms Copper Render K (via Huckberry). A very attractive deal on the all-copper Render K from Huckberry. This looks like the old version.
- Kaweco Sport Christmas Tree Ornament (via Massdrop). Now THIS appeals to me, but I doubt the rest of my family would share the vision.
- Papernery Closeout. The Papernery store has announced that it is closing as of Saturday, November 12, and a few products remain in stock, including some Caran d'Ache pencils and a few Blackwings Volumes. Best of luck to Gary in his new endeavors!
Planners and Journals
It's also that time of year to pick up your 2017 planner or planner refill. I'm on the fence about what I want to do for the next year. I've been pretty good about using my Hobonichi, but I'm loving the Slice Planner so much I may give it a shot at becoming my exclusive planner-journal. I'm also rediscovering my Levenger Five-Year Journal. Here are some links to some of my favorite planners that I've personally used in the past, as well as some notebooks that could be used for planning and/or journaling.
- Clairefontaine "My Essential" Notebooks 3-Pack (via Massdrop).
- This is Ground Leatherback Writer Notebook Cover (via Massdrop).
- 2017 Hobonichi Planner (via Amazon). Also check out the leather Hobonichi covers from Galen Leather.
- Filofax Day-Per-Page 2017 (via Amazon). The A5 Filofax was my daily carry for years, using this day-per-page layout, and I'm honestly thinking about going back to it for a year as a general-purpose notebook/binder and backup to a digital calendar.
- Levenger 5-Year Journal (via Amazon).
- Baron Fig Confidant Planner (via Baron Fig).
- Leuchtturm 1917 A5 Dot Grid Version (via Amazon). A favorite for bullet journaling, if that's your thing.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.