Links are a little bit later than usual due to travel, but here they are, straight from Terminal B at Laguardia! There's a good mix of stuff this week, including some Fountain Pen Day reflections and some reviews of more obscure - and really cool - products. Happy belated Fountain Pen Day everyone! I feel that I missed out being on the road for the past week.
- Diplomat Excellence A Review (via The Pen Habit). Matt reviews Diplomat's high-end flagship pen, the Diplomat Excellence A. I've been anxious to see a review of a Diplomat gold nib, and Matt was impressed.
- Fountain Pen Day Photos (via Ed Jelley). This past Friday was Fountain Pen Day, and Ed celebrated with some awesome photos.
- For the Love of a Good Fountain Pen (via Wonder Pens). More great reflections on Fountain Pen Day from the folks at Wonder Pens in Toronto.
- Jenny's Fountain Pen Day Lineup (via the Finer Point). Jenny shows us her Fountain Pen Day lineup!
- Inky Fingers Currently Inked Notebook (via FPQuest). Ray reviews the Inky Fingers Currently Inked notebook, which is a cool way to keep track of all the various pen and ink pairings you've tried. I picked up one of these in DC and have been very happy with it.
- Montblanc Meisterstuck Ultra Black Classique (via Gourmet Pens). I need to add a Classique to my collection. I have a Classique ballpoint that I love to use at work, paired with a Monteverde capless gel refill.
- Review of the Ystudio Brassing Ballpoint Pen Review (via Ed Jelley). Another product that looks really cool, though I've found it fairly difficult to locate from retailers. Check out Ed's link.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks, who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Papernery. Papernery recently announced that it's closing its doors, and that everything is currently priced at 10-40% off. I have no doubt that we'll see Gary again soon, especially given that he's indicated he's working on "other projects." There's a chance here to grab some awesome deals.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. Currently, among other things, PenChalet has Sailor Storia inks marked at 25% off. Also, their Fountain Pen Day sale is ongoing. Use the code FPDAY for 15% off.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of Sailor's Bespoke line (one of only three worldwide). Check out the recent sponsor profile I published here.
- Huckberry. As I mentioned Friday, I'm excited to now be a Huckberry affiliate, since Huckberry is one of my favorite stores offering a curated selection of goods.
- KustomHaus. KustomHaus is your source for custom stamps, sealing wax, and related supplies. If you sign up for their newsletter you can get 10% off your first order. (Review of their wax seal stamps here.)
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Dudek Modern Goods. If you haven't already, you should head on over to Dudek Modern Goods and check out Mike's handmade wooden pen holders and pen rests.
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog I reviewed the Diplomat Esteem, and also posted some photos from my trip to New York City. I'm planning on updating my list of NYC stationery stores soon, so stay tuned! Also, if you missed Friday's Deals and Drops post, check it out.
Thanks for reading, and happy Sunday!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.