It's rainy and cold here in Middle Tennessee - a good day to catch up on my reading and writing while waiting to go pick up a soggy Christmas tree for the living room!
- The Baron Fig Archer Pencil (via The Pencilcase Blog). A great review of a product that I've been using a lot myself but just haven't had the chance to review on the site.
- Kanilea Pen Company Kahakai (via The Pen Habit). It's getting much, much harder to resist picking one of these pens up. Next year in DC, perhaps?
- Pilot 78G Discontinued (via WonderPens). I'm sad to see that Pilot is sunsetting the 78G, but I guess I'm not really surprised given Pilot's focus on more "modern looking" alternatives like the Metropolitan and the Kakuno. Apparently, there's a replacement in the works called the 16G.
- Kaweco Smokey Grey Ink (via Pens!Paper!Pencils!). Ian takes a look at Kaweco's new grey ink. I'm testing this out myself right now and finding it a touch light for my taste, but so are most grey inks. It's one color that I can't really get a handle on.
- Having an Absolute Rollerball (via Pete Denison). I'm a fan of Pete's pen-related stuff, and he has a comprehensive post discussing what he likes about rollerballs, in particular the rollerball refills that ship with Retro 51 pens.
- Precious Resin (via Fountain Pen Economics). Myth BUSTED! Dr. Deans takes a look at the history of Montblanc's "Precious Resin," and whether the name means what everybody really thinks it does. An interesting exercise in how literal translation might cause confusion.
- The Stationer Launch (via AllThingsStationery). For those of you in the UK, Tessa at All Things Stationery has launched an online retail store. Currently, shipping is only within the UK, but it looks like that will change. I'm super happy to see this and wish Tessa the best of luck.
PLEASE VISIT MY SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. They are currently running a holiday sale, where you can get 10% off using the discount code HOLIDAY.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Huckberry. As I mentioned Friday, I'm excited to now be a Huckberry affiliate, since Huckberry is one of my favorite stores offering a curated selection of goods.
- KustomHaus. KustomHaus is your source for custom stamps, sealing wax, and related supplies. (Review of their wax seal stamps here.)
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Dudek Modern Goods. If you haven't already, you should head on over to Dudek Modern Goods and check out Mike's handmade wooden pen holders and pen rests. Mike just launched his latest model, the Stationer.
Check Out My Holiday Gift Guide
I will be updating the 2016 Holiday Gift Guide through the month of December as I locate different things that may be of interest. Please check it out. (Note: Contains affiliate links.)
Subscribe to Digital Divide
A new edition of Digital Divide is coming next week. Last month's issue discussed journaling and how many people allow the unreasonable expectations that have become associated with "the journal" to keep them from ever getting started. If you're interested in getting these newsletters as soon as they're released, please subscribe on the sidebar!
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog I reviewed a bunch of new notebooks that recently hit the market, including the MOO Notebook and the newest Baron Fig Special Edition, the Black Box. My review of the Black Box also contains some thoughts on Baron Fig's subscription model and what we should expect going forward. Finally, check out this week's Deals and Drops to catch some remaining Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotions.
As always, thanks for reading!