The Triangle Pen Show was last weekend, and Mike from Inkdependence was there! Check out his write-up below. Otherwise, there's lots of good stuff from Mike Dudek, Susan Pigott, and Fountain Pen Economics. Enjoy!
- Pelikan Special Edition M120 Green/Black. Susan Pigott writing over at the Pen Addict reviews this Pelikan M120 Special Edition, which is a really nice-looking pen but I agree is overpriced.
- Who Is Mike Dudek? Mike Dudek of the Clicky Post tells us a little bit about himself, and how he came to found his company, Dudek Modern Goods. He's also running a three-year anniversary giveaway for a pen holder of your choice! Be sure to enter, and while you're over at the site check out his review of the RIIND prototype. An upcoming machined pen to keep your eye on.
- Pen Economics Analyzes Lamy. I agree with much of what is said here regarding Lamy's struggle to compete at the high end of the market. Also check out this follow-up post.
- Edison Nouveau Premier Spring 2016. Ana from the Well-Appointed Desk reviews this nice Limited Edition collaboration between Edison Pens and the Goulet Pen Company. These Nouveau Premieres are released quarterly, and the themes are seasonal. The Spring theme is "Water Lily".
- Triangle Pen Show. Mike from Inkdependence posted his writeup of the Triangle Pen Show in Raleigh, NC. He also posted some follow up on some great new pens he picked up, complete with writing samples.
Thanks to My Sponsors This Month!
Please take a moment to visit my sponsors, who help me keep this blog-thing of mine going.
- Pen Chalet. At Pen Chalet, there are always current specials on offer, and all orders over $50 ship free.
- Pen Boutique. Another favorite source of pens and ink, especially limited edition Montblanc inks. Check out their end of the season sale, going on now.
- Anderson Pens. The Anderson Pens online store has a massive selection of inks, and they recently became authorized dealers for Sailor's Bespoke line.
- Vanness Pens. Vanness is the exclusive U.S. retailer for Sailor's line of Bung Box Inks. They also carry Callifolio Inks from France, KWZ Inks from Poland, and Papier Plume Inks from New Orleans!
- Fresh Stock Japan. A new entry to the stationery scene, Fresh Stock Japan focuses on importing Japanese goods from brands that can be difficult to find in the United States, such as Craft Design Technologies and Midori.
- Dudek Modern Goods. If you haven't already, you should head on over to Dudek Modern Goods and check out his handmade wooden pen holders and pen rests. Check out the Massdrop link below for a chance to grab one of his aluminum blocks, in collaboration with Karas Kustoms.
Deals and Drops
There are some really good Massdrop deals going on now, as well as the typical Amazon specials.
- The Levenger TrueWriter Fountain Pen for around $60 shipped.
- The Karas Kustoms Cube solid aluminum penholder for $88. A collaboration with Dudek Modern Goods, the price may drop as low as $83.99 (shipping included) if 20 people join.
- Karas Kustoms aluminum Ink Rollerball from Huckberry for $74.98. If you're not a Huckberry member, use this link to create an account and get $10 credit towards your first purchase.
- Sailor Kiwa-Guro Nano-Black Ink.
- The insanely popular Sailor Yama Dori. I don't get this deal, namely why the most popular color of Sailor Ink is being sold on deep, deep discount while the others are at or close to regular retail.
- J. Herbin Anniversary Inks.
- Iroshizuku Kon-Peki.
Subscribe to Digital Divide
For those of you who subscribe, Issue 4 of Digital Divide already has hit your inbox. "Digital Divide" is a monthly newsletter devoted to discussing the divide between the "digital" and "analog" parts of our lives, the benefits of making time for analog tools and workflows, and why people draw the line where they do. Issue 4 addresses "What Digital Does Better" (at least for me). The first six issues of Digital Divide will be posted here on the blog, but if you want to keep reading, please subscribe!
In Case You Missed It…
Back in the saddle after a week off, I looked at one of my favorite "near modern" pens, the Waterman Man 100 Patrician. I also reviewed the Field Notes Expedition edition, which I've had in my review queue for way too long.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains affiliate links.