Thanks for bearing with me this week during my travels. Here are this week's links, a day early since I'm driving all day today and won't have time to do my usual Saturday review:
- Gourmet Pens. Azizah reviews the Lamy Safari Dark Lilac Fountain Pen and Ink.
- Ed Jelley. Ed takes a look at the Papermate Flair Porous Tip Pen. It's a revamp of the classic Flair felt-tip pen that some of us old people loved as kids.
- Well-Appointed Desk. Ana reviews KWZ Menthol Green, which she describes as "Emerald of Chivor without the sparkles."
- Esterbrook J. Ron Gilmour, writing for the Pen Addict, writes a comprehensive piece on Esterbrook "J" pens.
- TooManyInks. An excellent review of the Pelikan M800 Vibrant Blue. This pen is growing on me more and more. I wasn't crazy about it at first, but after seeing all these reviews...
Deals and Sales
- Pen Chalet is running an Inventory Reduction Sale, ends Sunday! This includes some nice deals on Pelikan pens.
- Anderson Pens is offering for pre-order their Special Edition Sailor 1911 Standard in Slate Blue.
- Vanness looks like they are restocked on Callifolio Ink and KWZ Ink. They also still have a lot of the Bung Box colors in stock, though some are sold out.
- Pen Boutique has many of the new Retro 51 pens in stock.
- Last I checked, Nock Co. is restocked on many of their cases, including the Sinclair!
- Don't forget to check Huckberry regularly for their curated selection of interesting products, especially stationery and EDC items. Use this link to sign up and get a $10 credit towards your first purchase.
Amazon Deals on pens and ink
- Iroshizuku Kon-Peki, Shin-Kai, and Yu-Yake.
- Sailor Yama-Dori.
- J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor.
- Clear Pilot Custom 74 Demonstrator.
- Black Pilot Vanishing Point with Rhodium Trim.
- Platinum 3776 Century "Chartres Blue" Demonstrator, and the "Bourgogne" version.
Stationery-Related Massdrop Deals
- Bung Box Blue Ink Collection (Sapphire, 4B Blue Black, and Fujiyama Blue) for $97.99. This comes out to just over $32 per bottle shipped, which is a great deal if you don't have these three colors.
- J. Herbin 1670 Anniversary Ink 3-pack for $59.99. Choose from any of four colors (other than the recently released brown).
- 2-Pack of Lamy Vista demonstrator fountain pens for just under $48 shipped.
In Case You Missed It...
I thought it might be hard to get some writing done, but I ended up cranking out my "mid-year review" post, where I went back through my favorite posts from this past year and provided a little sneak peek at what might be coming down the line during the rest of 2016. If you missed last Sunday's post on nib customization, please check it out!
As always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.