Reading about stationery provided a welcome diversion this weekend. Enjoy! I'm off to go find a quiet writing nook.
- Pen & Ink Pairing: January '17 (via Hand Over That Pen). The trio behind Hand Over That Pen has had some great content this month and this piece on favorite pen and ink pairings is no exception.
- Dingbats Wildlife A5 Notebook (via The Pencilcase Blog). Glad to see someone else taking a look at the Dingbats Notebooks, which should be on everyone's radar as a quality bound-notebook option. If you're interested in my impressions, check out my review from a couple months back.
- Where I Write (via Wonder Pens). A great idea for a blog post series. I mainly write at home, in my nook above the garage, but I've been trying to find some places out and about that aren't too noisy and have decent coffee (or other beverages).
- The Art of Resistance (via Leigh Reyes). Leigh has an awesome piece on water-resistant inks, how you can use them, and how to make sure these inks don't stain/damage your pens.
- Kaweco Liliput Capped Ballpoint (via The Clicky Post). Mike Dudek reviews an updated version of the Kaweco Lilliput ballpoint, which looks infinitely more useable than the retractable model. I hope this becomes available in the US soon.
- Baron Fig Askew (via Office Supply Geek). Brian is among the first to take an in-depth look at the Baron Fig Askew, the newest limited edition Confidant that is also a part of their Confidant subscription service. I have one as well and will have some thoughts up in the coming days, but overall I really like this notebook.
- Well-Appointed Studio Overhaul (via Well-Appointed Desk). I love seeing other people's workspaces, and I'm really digging what Ana has done here.
- Sheaffer Skrip Red (via Inkdependence). Skrip Red might be the best "pure red" ink out there. Not even a hint of other colors in there! It's one of my favorite inks for everyday writing and work.
- Write Notepads In the Pines (via Pencil Revolution). Pencil Revolution takes a look at the latest Write Notepads limited edition / subscription entry and talks about the theory behind it.
- Adventures in Stationery Book Review (via The Finer Point). Jenny reviews a book by James Ward that I haven't read yet. It looks like it might be more of a reference guide than anything else.
PLEASE VISIT MY SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. They recently announced that they are carrying Ezra Arthur, a new line of leather notebooks featuring Tomoe River paper.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Huckberry. As I mentioned Friday, I'm excited to now be a Huckberry affiliate, since Huckberry is one of my favorite stores offering a curated selection of goods.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here.
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Dudek Modern Goods. If you haven't already, you should head on over to Dudek Modern Goods and check out Mike's handmade wooden pen holders and pen rests. Mike just launched his latest model, the Stationer.
Subscribe to Digital Divide
For this latest issue of Digital Divide, I went with something a bit different this month, offering some further thoughts on David Sax's book, The Revenge of Analog. Be sure to subscribe on the sidebar so you don't miss future issues!
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog I took a look at the Pokka Pen, a new riff on the disposable ballpoint, as well as the Pelikan M800 Souverain Burnt Orange Special Edition. Also, don't miss my initial thoughts on Write Notepads' new "In the Pines" limited edition notebooks, which I expect to sell out fast, and this week's Deals and Drops, because some prices and discounts are only good for a brief time.
Happy Sunday, and thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.