Everyone seems to be getting back into the swing of things this week! Lots of good reading for what's turned into a cold and snowy Sunday here in Tennessee!
- In Pursuit of the Rare (via Leigh Reyes). A nice piece on why certain pens are considered "rare," and why we pursue them.
- Namisu Nova Ebonite Fountain Pen (via The Pencilcase Blog). Namisu has released an ebonite version of the Nova fountain pen. I'm glad to see them continue to issue new products outside of Kickstarter as they seem to become more established.
- 6 Months of Moustache Stationery (via All Things Stationery). Tessa has a new video in which she reviews the last six Moustache subscription boxes. Subscription service have exploded in popularity over the past year, with seemingly a new one popping up every few weeks, for pretty much any product you can possibly imagine. And, in case you missed it, The Stationer (Tessa's new shop) is now shipping worldwide, so check it out!
- Cleo Skribent Classic Palladium Fountain Pen Review (via The Pen Addict). Brad reviews a pen from the lesser-known (at least outside of German) pen brand Cleo Skribent. One of these pens has made the short list of things I need to try out in 2017, especially after my experience with the Otto Hutt 06.
- Stationery Fever (via Well-Appointed Desk). After the resounding success of The Revenge of Analog, The Perfection of the Paper Clip, and others, we can hopefully expect to see more great stationery-related books published. Ana looks at Stationery Fever, a new book that looks like it could serve as a great reference resource.
- Parker Vacumatic Major Review and Giveaway (via Gourmet Pens). Azizah is giving away one of my favorite vintage pens, a Parker Vacumatic Major! Check the link for details. The giveaway is courtesy of Bartek of Acoustic Pens, an accomplished pen restorer who also runs an Instagram account that everyone should be following.
- Camel HB Pencil Review (via The Finer Point). Jenny reviews the Camel HB pencil, which is as gorgeous in real life as it is in her photographs. I picked up a few of these at CW Pencils during my last trip to New York City, but they've fallen by the wayside during the end of the year crunch.
- Review Redux: Sailor Imperial Black Fountain Pen (via Ed Jelley). Ed revisits the Sailor Imperial Black Fountain Pen, which remains one of my personal favorites. I hope Ed finds someone to swap the nib with so he doesn't have to sell this one.
- Robert Oster Signature Burgundy (via Alt.Haven). Junee reviews this Robert Oster Ink, which immediately drew my attention because reds (and especially burgundies) are some of my favorite ink colors.
- KWZ Monarch Ink Review (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries reviews this new KWZ Ink, which is exclusive to the Netherlands-based retailer Fontoplumo. It's a reddish orange, which to me is reminiscent of the Montblanc Limited Edition Carlo Collodi ink from a few years back.
PLEASE VISIT MY SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Huckberry. As I mentioned Friday, I'm excited to now be a Huckberry affiliate, since Huckberry is one of my favorite stores offering a curated selection of goods.
- KustomHaus. KustomHaus is your source for custom stamps, sealing wax, and related supplies. (Review of their wax seal stamps here.)
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Dudek Modern Goods. If you haven't already, you should head on over to Dudek Modern Goods and check out Mike's handmade wooden pen holders and pen rests. Mike just launched his latest model, the Stationer.
Subscribe to Digital Divide
There will be a new edition of Digital Divide in the next week or two. I'm running a bit behind after the holidays, so no promises on timing, but I'm also working on something a bit different for this month. Be sure to subscribe on the sidebar so you don't miss it!
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog was a busy one! I talked about my plans for 2017 with the Hobonichi Planner, and published my Guide to Multifunction Pens. Also, don't forget to check out this week's Deals and Drops.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.