I can't believe March is over halfway finished, but I'm glad it's now somewhat normal that it feels like Spring. Enjoy these then get outside!
- Arkansas Pen Show This Weekend. If you're in the Little Rock, AR area, be sure to check out the 2017 Arkansas Pen Show! From the pics that I've seen on Instagram, there's a lot of great pens available and lots of fun times being had. It runs until 4pm today at the Crowne Plaza Little Rock.
- The Inxperiment Ink Subscription Service (via The Pencilcase Blog). Appelboom in the Netherlands has launched a new ink subscription service, in the spirit of the former Goulet Pens Ink Drop. Dries has all the details.
- "The Rampant Inaccuracy of Fountain Pen Reviews" (via FPN). Thanks to Inkophile for linking to this. As is often the case with FPN, there's lots of strong opinions, vitriol, and expectations grounded in varying degrees of reality, but it makes for an interesting read.
- Classic Pens LB3 Jupiter (via Pen Habit). This pen is stunning, and I need to stay far, far away from Mr. Lambrou the next time I'm at a pen show.
- Pencils for Long-Term Writing, Part II (via Pencil Revolution). Johnny's updated his 2010 post, and I can get on board with all of these recommendations.
- Manuscript Notebooks and Crate Info (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana reviews Manuscript's literary-themed notebooks, which I agree are nice, though there's not been much of an update from Manuscript regarding the timing of the launch of their "Crate" subscription service.
- Galen Leather Extra Large Moleskine/iPad Cover (via ClickyPost). Mike reviews one of Galen Leather's folios, which they make to fit specific brands of notebooks. I've had my eye on a Leuchtturm 1917 version for a while.
- Star Crossed Lovers: Lamy Dialog 3 Review (via Nib & Muck). A great review of the Lamy Dialog 3, which really highlights the main reason I haven't purchased this pen despite the fact that I love Lamy's 14k nibs: it's big and heavy. Also, Laura makes a great point about not being afraid to approach manufacturers with repair issues. I just had a great experience with Pelikan, and Pilot's replaced a Vanishing Point barrel for me in the past, free of charge.
- Review: Kobe Arima Amber (via Alt.Haven). A very interesting color that I picked up at the 2017 Baltimore Pen Show. Right now, I have it loaded into a 1.1mm TWSBI stub, but I can see how this might be too light in other pens.
- Review: Baron Fig Askew Notebook (via All Things Stationery). One more person who starts to like the Askew - after actually using it!
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Huckberry. Huckberry is one of my favorite stores offering a curated selection of goods, including many with a heavy analog flavor. You can grab limited deals and discounts on notebooks, pens, and other stationery and EDC-related items.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here.
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here.
Pens For Sale
There are still a couple pens, a few bottles of ink, and now some notebooks available in my semi-annual housecleaning sale. Make me an offer on anything remaining, I'll be flexible.
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog, I reviewed one of my new favorite analog products, Book Darts, as well as some ultra-fine gel pens that I picked up at Muji the last time I was in New York City. Also, don't miss this week's Deals and Drops, where I highlight some Midori Traveler's Notebook accessories!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.