While I'm at the D.C. Pen Show hunting pens for the collection / hoard, I've been doing some online price checking to verify the going rates for past limited editions and discontinued models, which is my typical practice prior to hitting a show. As usual, I come across some nice online opportunities, but quantities may be limited.
- Pelikan M205 Aquamarine Fountain Pen (via Pen Chalet). Last year's color demonstrator model can still be found online.
- Pelikan Tradition 215 Rings Model (via Amazon). My personal favorite of the Pelikan Tradition pens.
- Pelikan M805 Vibrant Blue (via Amazon). One of last year's special edition M805 pens.
- Pelikan M800 Souveran Burnt Orange (via Pen Chalet). From a couple years back, and one of my favorite pens in the collection.
- Pelikan M800 Souveran Renaissance Brown (via Pen Chalet). This year's special edition M800 is even better looking in person - I saw one for the first time last night.
- Montblanc Classique Ultra Black (via Anderson Pens). The word on the street is that the Ultra Black series of pens from Montblanc is being discontinued, and they're out of stock at many retailers. If you've been on the fence, jump now.
- Montblanc Great Characters JFK Fountain Pen (via Appelboom). Personally, I think this is one of the best-looking "Great Characters" special edition pens that Montblanc has released.
- Montblanc UNICEF Doue Classique (via Appelboom). Another beautiful pen I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to review this year.
- Retro 51 Biowerks Artist Series Vanness Exclusive (via Vanness Pens). The blue and red version is still available, and there is one two-pen set remaining!
- Retro 51 Joey Feldman Artist Series Vanness Exclusive (via Vanness Pens). Apparently there is one of these pens left from last year's special edition. Grab it now!
- Pelikan M600 Vibrant Green Fountain Pen (via Amazon). Another limited edition Pelikan from a while back.
- Lamy AL-Star Copper Orange (via Notemaker). Did you miss out on the Lamy Copper Orange AL-Star? Australia-based Notemaker still has a few in stock.
- Hitch & Timber Note Caddy 2.0 + Wallet (via Huckberry). This is a cool-looking leather product that Huckberry currently has in stock.
- Montblanc Hemingway Writer's Edition Fountain Pen (via The Pen Show). You only live once, right?
- Pokka Pens Discount Code (via Pokka Pens). Last but not least, many thanks to Terry at Pokka Pens for offering all TGS readers a 10% discount off any purchase made from the Pokka Pens website. Use the code "GENTSTA" at checkout to receive the discount.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Pricing and availability are current as of the time of posting of this review, and are subject to change at any time.