I can't really call these links "Sunday Reading" this week, because I'm a day late. Losing that hour of sleep to daylight savings really threw a wrench in my day yesterday. BUT, the wait will be worth it, because this week's links contain a lot of giveaway information. Here's to procrastination at work!
- Office Supply Geek is giving away one of Baron Fig's new "Maker" Special Edition Confidant journal as well as a three-pack of Apprentice pocket notebooks, both in charcoal gray. Giveaway runs until March 11, 2015, with the winner posted the following day.
- WriteAnalog is giving away a Baron Fig Confidant and a Uni-Ball Signo RT. The giveaway runs through the end of March.
- Massdrop is giving away a Pelikan M400 Fountain pen with some other assorted swag. Don't miss this one. (Via Gourmetpens).
- FPQuest Reviews the Parker Duofold Senior (as in, the one from the 1920s). This is a vintage pen I have yet to add to my collection. Still looking for a reasonably priced specimen. Ray is also gearing up for Fountain Pen Show Season (as am I).
And for the eraserheads out there, some news from pencildom:
- Pencil Revolution has Part III of the massive Father-Son Pencil Review. If you missed Part I and Part II, check them out. I won't spoil who the overall winner is because you should read this series for yourself.
- The Well Appointed Desk reviews the Staedtler Rally, a pencil I've never tried.
- The CW Pencils retail store opens in New York City on Wednesday, March 11, so if you are in the New York area, you should drop in and show your support for independently owned local stationery stores.
Also, you will notice that I've listed some restored vintage pens for sale on the blog. I've been learning fountain pen repair/restoration over the past year or two, so you may see more pens listed periodically, along with some vintage mechanical pencils and bullet pencils.