I hope everyone Stateside enjoyed their long Thanksgiving weekend. I'm still getting caught up on my reading. Here are this weeks links:
- Midori Traveler's Notebooks 2017 Dated Inserts (via Wonder Pens). Thinking of using your Midori Traveler's Notebook as a planner? Check out the Wonder Pens blog for a walk through of the various options, plus some special edition stickers and other add-ons.
- Platinum 3776 Kawaguchi (via Alt.Haven). Junee reviews the Platinum 3776 Kawaguchi, which is a blue demonstrator with Rhodium trim, and the last of Platinum's "Five Fuji Lake" series of limited editions.
- CW Pencil Enterprises Holiday Gift Guides (via CW Pencils Blog). Some quirky gift recommendations here, including "Gifts to Get Your Friends Hooked on Pencils," "Minimalist Gifts to Brighten a Workspace," and "Playful Gifts For Your Inner Child."
- Oldwin Art Deco Fountain Pen (via Pen Addict). Susan Pigott reviews a gorgeous Oldwin pen in the Art Deco Oldwin style. I love everything about this pen, and the Oldwin - a special house mark from the Mora Stylos shop in Paris - remains one of the "big pens" still on my list.
- Venvstas Carbon V Fountain Pen Review (via Pens!PaperPencils!). Apparently multiple people have been having serious problems/difficulties with this Kickstarter project. I'm also not impressed with the company's reaction. Somehow it's your customers' fault for complaining about a product that has serious QC/manufacturing issues? Believe me, I understand the difficulties of running a single-person operation, but if you can't give people the quality that they paid for (and that you advertised), don't make it at all.
- Blackwing Volumes No. 56 (via OfficeSupplyGeek). Brian takes a look at Blackwing Volumes Edition No. 56 (Joe DiMaggio theme). This is one of the few Blackwing Volumes editions that I didn't end up ordering. They're still in stock at some places, so I may need to pick some up.
- MOO Notebook (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana reviews the MOO Notebook, and it's just as gorgeous in person as it looks in her photos. I have one as well and will be looking to get a review up over the next week or so.
- What's the Best Lamy Fountain Pen? (via Ed Jelley). Lamy 2k, all the way, any day. See what I just did there? I'll stop now.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the recent sponsor profile I published here.
- Huckberry. As I mentioned Friday, I'm excited to now be a Huckberry affiliate, since Huckberry is one of my favorite stores offering a curated selection of goods.
- KustomHaus. KustomHaus is your source for custom stamps, sealing wax, and related supplies. (Review of their wax seal stamps here.)
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Dudek Modern Goods. If you haven't already, you should head on over to Dudek Modern Goods and check out Mike's handmade wooden pen holders and pen rests. Mike just launched his latest model, the Stationer.
Check out Black Friday Sales and the Holiday Gift Guide!
Many Black Friday coupons and promotions are valid through the weekend. I've collected most of the stationery-related ones into Friday's Deals and Drops post. If you plan on using these discounts to get some of your holiday gift shopping done, please check out my 2016 Holiday Gift Guide. I hope it's helpful!
Just a note: I'm not sure whether we will see any different discounts and promotions for "Cyber Monday," but if there are enough to warrant a separate post, I may publish something else.
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog I published my reviews of the Dingbats* Medium A5+ Notebook, as well as a review of the Steel and Flint Pen, a pending Kickstarter project. For something a little off the beaten path, I also wrote a short piece with my impressions of the ButterflyBoard, a portable whiteboard from Japan that's an IndieGoGo project.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.