Enjoy this weekend's collection of links! It's a wee bit chilly here (finally), and I for one am happy to curl up in a chair and get some reading and writing done.
- Xezo Architect Azure FM Review (via PenHabit). I'm not sure that this is a pen I would end up liking, but I'm always glad to see new brands out there. I do think the price is really steep for a lacquered brass pen with a stock JoWo nib.
- SIngapore Pen Show 2016 (via Alt.Haven). Junee posts a short recap of the 2016 Singapore Pen Show, with a ton of photos. Have fun everybody!
- Montegrappa Passione Zebra Giveaway (via PenHabit). Holy *@&^% this is a nice pen for a giveaway! Kenro sent me one of these for review, and I can confirm it is a stunner. With a $700+ price point, you'd be crazy not to enter this contest. I sure did.
- Pokka Pens (via The Pen Addict). A very interesting idea from Pokka Pens, which sponsored the Pen Addict this week. If you're someone who wants a pocket pen, but has a tendency to lose smaller writing instruments, this might be a fairly inexpensive solution.
- Returning with Pen in Hand (via Peaceable Writer). I always enjoy reading the Peaceable Writer blog, and I'm glad to see Julie's back. I'm also excited to see what she has in store as she looks to expand the blog.
- Papier Plume Garden District Azalea Ink Review (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana reviews another of the "New Orleans" series of inks from Papier Plume. I have a few of their inks and need to break them out again.
- Palomino Blackwing 530 Unboxing (via Pens 'N' Coffee). Pat unboxes the newest Blackwing Volumes edition. I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet. Gold isn't really my thing.
- Paper Is Not Broken (via The Cramped). Yet another excellent piece from Patrick Rhone. I've not yet seen the latest and greatest "paper replacement" device being pushed for $350+ dollars.
PLEASE VISIT MY SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. They are currently running a holiday sale, where you can get 10% off using the discount code HOLIDAY.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Huckberry. As I mentioned Friday, I'm excited to now be a Huckberry affiliate, since Huckberry is one of my favorite stores offering a curated selection of goods.
- KustomHaus. KustomHaus is your source for custom stamps, sealing wax, and related supplies. (Review of their wax seal stamps here.)
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Dudek Modern Goods. If you haven't already, you should head on over to Dudek Modern Goods and check out Mike's handmade wooden pen holders and pen rests. Mike just launched his latest model, the Stationer.
Check Out My Holiday Gift Guide
I will be updating the 2016 Holiday Gift Guide through the month of December as I locate different things that may be of interest. I recently added a section containing book recommendations and some unique analog-related products that might be of interest. Please check it out. (Note: Contains affiliate links.)
Subscribe to Digital Divide
The latest edition of Digital Divide is out! By readers' request, I talk a bit about building my own workspace/home office/library, and how I'm not sold on the current trend towards office minimalism. If you're interested in getting these newsletters as soon as they're released, please subscribe on the sidebar!
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog I took a quick look at a new product, the DJOT Bookmark Planner, and also reviewed two recent acquisitions: the Lamy 2000 4 Color Ballpoint and last quarter's Field Notes "Lunacy" Edition. If you haven't already, check out this week's Deals and Drops to catch some great clearances, holiday sales, and new product releases.
As always, thanks for reading!