First snow and ice of the year here! I hope all of you in the U.S. are managing to keep warm and avoid this ridiculous weather. Here's some Sunday reading for you:
- Field Notes Cold Horizon (via Three Staples). Jinnie takes a look at the Field Notes Cold Horizon edition, which typically gets little love. I enjoyed reading her perspective on it!
- Namisu Nova Ebonite Edition (via The Pen Addict). Susan Pigott reviews the ebonite version of the Namisu Nova Fountain Pen. I'm glad to see Namisu branching out from their original aluminum/titanium design.
- Ti Arto Refills and Review (via OfficeSupplyGeek). Brian reviews the BigiDesign Ti Arto Pen, which is a "universal refill" pen that launched on Kickstarter this year and recently shipped. I have mine, and I agree that it's among the best aftermarket pen bodies out there. I have yet to find a refill I want to use that I can't make work in this pen.
- Top 5 Best Beginner Fountain Pens (via The Pencilcase Blog). Great list! Anything on here would be a good choice for a first fountain pen, or anybody looking to try something new and inexpensive.
- Breakdown of Pen and Ink Collection 2016 (via Alt.Haven). Junee walks through her pen and ink collection. This is something I haven't done in a while. Hmmm.
- The Real Value of My Pens (via My Pen Needs Ink). I can relate to this.
- Introducing Plumbago Zine! (via Woodclinched). Andy over at the Erasable Podcast has launched Plumbago zine, with all proceeds to go to charitable organizations. A cool idea, and the first issue is already sold out!
- Visconti Turmoil (via Giardino Italiano). Apparently Visconti founder Dane Del Vecchio is leaving the company, due to "internal conflicts with his business partner." Stay tuned, as I'm sure we'll learn more as Visconti sorts things out.
PLEASE VISIT MY SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. They are still running their holiday sale, where you can get 10% off using the discount code HOLIDAY.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Huckberry. As I mentioned Friday, I'm excited to now be a Huckberry affiliate, since Huckberry is one of my favorite stores offering a curated selection of goods.
- KustomHaus. KustomHaus is your source for custom stamps, sealing wax, and related supplies. (Review of their wax seal stamps here.)
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Dudek Modern Goods. If you haven't already, you should head on over to Dudek Modern Goods and check out Mike's handmade wooden pen holders and pen rests. Mike just launched his latest model, the Stationer.
Check Out My Holiday Gift Guide
I will be updating the 2016 Holiday Gift Guide through the month of December as I locate different things that may be of interest. I recently added a section containing book recommendations and some unique analog-related products that might be of interest. Please check it out. (Note: Contains affiliate links.)
Subscribe to Digital Divide
The latest edition of Digital Divide is out! By readers' request, I talk a bit about building my own workspace/home office/library, and how I'm not sold on the current trend towards office minimalism. If you're interested in getting these newsletters as soon as they're released, please subscribe on the sidebar!
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog, I took a look at the entire line of Bookbinders Inks, and the Montegrappa Passione fountain pen win Cinnamon (red) celluloid. I also did a quick look at the BIC 4-Color Ball Pen. Finally, if you missed this week's Deals and Drops, check them out here. The theme was multifunction pens.
As always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.