I hope everyone enjoyed a bit of time off! It was nice to not touch the blog or my day job for a few days and recharge. Today I'm getting caught up on reading and, of course, surfing the various year-end clearance sales. There's a lot of "Best of 2016"-type posts (which I especially enjoy since I'm currently think about these things myself).
- Sailor 105th Anniversary Zuisei Fountain Pen (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries reviews the Sailor 105th Anniversary Fountain pen, and this pen is gorgeous. Apparently, this pen is also very difficult to photograph, but Dries manages to show off its color and design quite well.
- Manhattan Portage Half-Zip Pen Case Video Review (via Nib and Ink). Matthew takes a look at this Massdrop Exclusive pen case.
- My 2017 Analogue System (via Wonder Pens). Liz over at Wonder Pens walks through her planner/notebook system for 2017. I love posts like these and find myself wanting to do one as well (if only for my own sanity).
- My 2016 PenWrap-Up (via Leigh Reyes). Leigh walks us through the pen-related highs of 2016.
- Top 5 Favourite Pens - 2016 (via Alt.Haven). Junee discusses her favorite pens of 2016. Some great ones in here.
- Top 5 Favourite Inks - 2016 (via Alt.Haven). Again, some great picks!
- Magpie Syndrome: My Favorite Pens of 2016 (via Gourmet Pens). Azizah walks through her top pens of 2016.
- Meeting the Makers (via Penucopia). Thomas is back with a great post about why you should consider attending pen shows: being able to meet the makers of the pens, inks, and nibs that we love so much.
- Shaking the Fear of Art (via From the Pen Cup). I had similar experiences in art class growing up, which I've had trouble overcoming. This is an inspiring piece!
- Montegrappa Fortuna Rainbow Giveaway (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana and the folks at Kenro Industries are giving away a Montegrappa Fortuna Rainbow fountain pen! Giveaway ends December 29th.
- 2016 Planner Review (via The Finer Point). Jenny walks us through how she's been using planners in 2016, what worked, what didn't, and what she has in store for 2017.
After Holiday Sales and Clearances, and Some New Products
I know you all are looking for them (as am I), so here's what I've been able to find so far:
- PenChalet Year End Inventory Blowout (via PenChalet). Use the coupon code YEAREND for 15% off your order. Ron is also marking down a lot of his inventory by as much as 65%, including the Pilot Stanza ballpoint, the Delta Horsepower, and the Parker Sonnet in Chiseled Silver. You can also get some killer deals on the Visconti Homo Sapiens Dark Ages and the Pelikan Souverain, but they're selling out fast.
- Anderson Pens Outlet (via Anderson Pens). The Andersons have a bunch of stuff in their outlet on deep discount, including Faber-Castell fountain pens, ink and more.
- Huckberry After-Christmas (via Huckberry). The folks over at Huckberry always have some great offers after Christmas. Right now, check out some of their This Is Ground exclusives, including the much-discussed Mod3 Tablet organizer. They're also running a watch clearance and a 10%-credit back promotion on Bellroy leather.
- Filson Year-End Sale (via Filson). I'm a fan of Filson, and they're currently running one of their periodic sales, with discounts of 35% and more.
- Goulet Pens Closeouts (via Goulet Pens). The current closeout page includes some price drops on their exclusive Visconti Manhattan Wall Street pen. If you missed out on Visconti's Wall Street celluloid the first time around, now's your chance.
- Filofax Clearance (via Goldspot). For all you Filofaxers out there.
- Dudek Modern Goods/Karas Kustoms CU13E (via Massdrop). The Cube is back in machined aluminum, with options for notebook and business card storage. Check out Mike's writeup over at the Clicky Post!
- Lamy 2000 Ballpoint (via Amazon). Crazy good deal here on a great pen that's highly suitable for everyday carry.
- Lamy 2000 Stainless Steel Fountain Pen (via Amazon). A bit of a price drop from one seller.
- Pilot Metropolitan Fountain Pen (via Amazon).
- Faber-Castell Perfect Pencil Set (via Massdrop).
- TiScribe Machined Highlighter (via Massdrop).
- Machine Era Solid Brass Pen (via Massdrop).
- Levenger True Writer Fountain Pen (via Massdrop).
- Kaweco Sport Christmas Tree Ornament (via Massdrop). Huge price drop here. I'm in at this price point. All of us pen addicts need this on our tree.
Thanks to All My Sponsors!
Many thanks to PenChalet, Anderson Pens, Kenro Industries, Tom Barrington Leather Goods, Kustom Haus, and Dudek Modern Goods for their sponsorship and assistance with this blog. I've enjoyed working with all of them, truly enjoy their products, and very much recommend that you check out their offerings!
In Case You Missed It …
As always, thanks for reading.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.