Sorry things are running a bit behind schedule this weekend, with Daylight Savings time and all. (Though the local Whiskey Festival last night may also have had something to do with it.) Enjoy this week's links!
- Happy First Birthday to C.W. Pencil Enterprise! I've enjoyed visiting the shop a few times over the past year, and look forward to many more trips to New York.
- The Rotring Isograph. The Pen Addict features a guest post from Nick Folz. These Rotring drawing pens (the Rapidograph and the Isograph) have intrigued me for years, but I've never been able to make enough of a good use case to justify purchasing one.
- The Kaweco Lilliput Fireblue. I guess today's theme is "pens I find fascinating to look at but can't justify spending money on." I've had a Lilliput before, but it's too small for me to use on a regular basis, even for pocket carry. I prefer a bullet pencil or a larger "pocket pen" like the Franklin-Christoph Pocket 66 or the TWSBI Vac Mini. I wish the fireblue finish would come to the Kaweco Sport.
- Namisu Nova. Ed Jelley reviews Namisu's newest Kickstarted offering, in aluminum. I have the titanium version, which I love. Keep an eye out for my review in the coming weeks.
- A Guided Tour of Modern Fountain Pens. Pen retailer Goldspot published a guide to modern fountain pens, and includes some lists of recommendations sorted by price range.
Digital Divide Update
Thanks to everyone who has provided comments and feedback on my little newsletter project, the Digital Divide. For those of you who missed the announcement last week, I'm going to be issuing a monthly "special issue" of my weekly newsletter, devoted to discussing the divide between the "digital" and "analog" parts of our lives, the benefits of making time for analog tools and workflows, and why people draw the line where they do. For now, Digital Divide will go out monthly, though I may make it more frequent if there is sufficient interest. For the first few weeks, I will post a link here to the most recent edition. To subscribe, simply join my e-mail list in the sidebar.
Good Deals, Sales and Stuff
Massdrop is running a pretty decent Rhodia deal right now, where you can get 6 Rhodia pads for under $8 each shipped.
In Case You Missed It…
As always, thanks for reading, and happy Sunday!