It's Fall, and you know what that means! Manufacturers and retailers have announced upcoming products and new editions before the holiday season! There have been so many of them recently that I thought I'd type up a quick post highlighting those that piqued my interest. Unfortunately, I'm pretty much flat broke right now due to this year's pen show adventures, so unless someone has a hankering to "donate to the cause," I'll have to leave these to you readers.
- Pilot "Stormtrooper" Vanishing Point. It's here! Previously available only by ordering from overseas, Pilot is introducing the white vanishing point with the black trim to the U.S. And best of all, it's priced at the regular Vanishing Point retail pricing. This suggests it's not a limited or special edition, but rather a new entry into the standard lineup.
- Pilot Vanishing Point 2016 Limited Edition Guilloche. Pilot's 2016 Limited Edition Vanishing Point is available in limited stock from select retailers, including Anderson Pens. This year's limited edition has a Guilloche pattern engraved on the barrel, which lends the pen a vintage feel.
- Anderson Pens Special Edition Sailor 1911 Standard (Slate Blue). It's in stock, and it's a beauty. Sailor made this exclusive color especially for Anderson Pens, so you'll only find it there. I believe it's a limited run, so once they're gone, they're gone!
- TWSBI Mini AL. TWSBI has introduced the Diamond Mini fountain pen with aluminum trim, to complement the full-size TWSBI 580 AL. I tend to prefer the Mini over the standard 580 because you can post the cap.
- Pelikan M400 Brown Tortoise. This month Pelikan launched the reissue of the M400 Brown Tortoise Special Edition. From what I've seen, it's a gorgeous pen and a can't-miss for Pelikan fans. You can pick this pen up at most Pelikan retailers, or purchase through Dan Smith at the NibSmith if you'd like a custom grind on your pen.
- Pelikan M205 Blue Marble. This year's special edition Pelikan M205 (well, one of them) is also a stunner, following up on last year's Green Marble edition.
- Pelikan M205 Aquamarine. Pen Chalet still has some of last year's Amethyst Edition, and if you hunt around online you can also find the Cognac version from a few years ago.
- Lamy LX. Lamy's new "LX" fountain pen has hit the market, in four Apple-esque color schemes. I like the new nib design.
- Lamy 2000 50th Anniversary Edition. Well, after much to-do, Lamy's 50th Anniversary Edition of the 2000 is here, and most people have found it pretty underwhelming. I'm not sure what Lamy was thinking placing the pen at this price point, but it is what it is. I don't know anyone who's planning to buy this pen, but I could be wrong.
- Nock Co. Lanier Briefcase. Brad and Jeff from Nock Co. just Kickstarted their second project, the Lanier slimline briefcase. I love the two available colorways, and this was an insta-back no-brainer for me. If they get to $50,000, it unlocks a stretch goal: Nock Co. side-stapled notebooks!
Look for more of these updates through the Fall and the Holiday Season as new products, sales and deals come to my attention. Thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.