Here's to hoping 2017 brings joy, happiness, and peace to you all! And stationery. Lots of it. I'm still catching up on my reading over the holidays, and I have some good ones for you today!
- Reflections on Another Year as a Pen Clerk - 2016 (via Wonder Pens). Congratulations to Wonder Pens on their fourth year! Also check out the post Favorite Things of 2016.
- Stationery in Real Life: The Postcard Project (via From the Pen Cup). A great idea, and I'd personally love to try to do more things like this in the coming year, and branch out my stationery horizons a bit.
- Favorite New Fountain Pen and Ink of 2016 (via FPQuest). A great survey of Ray's 2016 acquisitions.
- Hobonichi A5 Tomoe River Notebook (via Gorgeous.Ink). I'm glad to see Paul doing some reviews again. I've been curious about these Hobonichi notebooks, and it looks like the performance equals that of the planner.
- 2017 Fountain Pen Wish List (via Alt.Haven). Junee gives us her 2017 fountain pen wish list. Best of luck! There are some great ones on there.
- "But why do you have so many pens," the 2016 edition (via Leigh Reyes). Leigh walks us through her pen acquisitions from 2016 (plus some others). As always, there are some absolutely gorgeous pens in here!
- 2017 Planner Plans (via The Finer Point). Jenny follows up on her 2016 Planner Review by discussing how she plans to consolidate her various planners in the coming year. I'm going through something similar right now.
- The Daily Plan bar (via Mike Rohde on Medium). Speaking of planners, here's a cool idea for how Mike Rohde (of Sketchnote fame) uses a customized bullet journal.
- Paper Calendars Endure Despite the Digital Age (via NYTimes). Many people (myself included) still like to use a paper planner, either instead of or in addition to a digital option. I was happy to see this article.
- No, the Internet Has Not Killed the Printed Book. Most People Still Prefer Them (via NYTimes). My Kindle has fallen by the wayside over the past year. I'm buying printed books again, 90% of the time.
Thanks to All My Sponsors!
Many thanks to PenChalet, Anderson Pens, Kenro Industries, Tom Barrington Leather Goods, Kustom Haus, and Dudek Modern Goods for their sponsorship and assistance with this blog. I've enjoyed working with all of them, truly enjoy their products, and very much recommend that you check out their offerings!
In Case You Missed It …
I considered this past week a sort of "wrapping things up" week. I published a quick look at some new versions of the Kaweco Classic Sport that I unfortunately hadn't gotten around to posting about, despite liking them a lot, and I spent most of the week tracking after-Christmas sales and stocking up on heavily discounted pens, paper, camera, and office gear. Some of these Christmas/New Year's sales may still be going on; you can check them out here.
Finally, I published my 2016 Year-End Review, where I talk about the highlights of the past year and where I hope to find myself in the year ahead.
Best wishes to everyone and have a great first day of 2017!