- Opening a New Shop is Hard! (via CW Pencils). Selfishly, I just hope the new CW Pencils location is open by November!
- Ink Flight No. 8 Reveal (via InkJournal). The latest Ink Flight - a monthly ink sample subscription service, each featuring a set of curated colors - has been announced, and it features ink samples from Franklin-Christoph.
- Crane & Co. Notebooks (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana and Laura review these gorgeous Crane notebooks, which I also recently received for review. Still working on my review of the paper, but the covers and engraving stand out and scream high-quality.
- Wal-Mart Pen+Gear Ruled Index Cards (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). I'm always on the lookout for inexpensive stationery that performs well with all kinds of writing instruments, and it appears I'm going to have to check out Wal-Mart's Pen+Gear line. The line also features pencils made in India.
- The First 100 Inks (via Mountain of Ink). 100 Inks in four months? That's quite a pace. This post lists favorite inks in various colors.
- Stationery Shopping in Vancouver, B.C.: The Regional Assembly of Text (via Three Staples). The last entry in Jinnie's "Stationery Shops of Vancouver" travelogue. Apparently I need to get back to Vancouver very soon!
- The Pen Rollerball by Ajoto (via Clicky Post). I've wanted to review The Pen for a while now, and this review kicks it to near the top of the "soon" list.
- Harry Marks on the Dime Novel Field Notes Edition (via Woodclinched). Harry reviews the latest Field Notes quarterly edition, which for some reason didn't speak to me but I'll probably have to check it out in person.
- Fountain Pen Database Revisited (via Analogue Obsessed). I've been meaning to put together an index of my pen and ink collection for years, but I've not come close to being able to do something like this!
- Modern Fuel Design Mechanical Pencil (via Ed Jelley). Ed reviews a new mechanical pencil Kickstarter, and I dig this design - reminds me a bit of a metal version of those disposable Bic mechanical pencils I loved in school!
- Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl (via Pelikan's Perch). Holy cow, this thing's pretty! I see a series of Pelikan purchases in my very, very near future.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It....
This week on the blog I reviewed the Bull & Stash "Stash" Notebook, as well as Aurora's latest limited edition, the 88 Minerali "Azurite" Demonstrator. This week's Deals and Drops contained lots of recently released limited editions from Baron Fig and Blackwing.
Also, don't miss the special offer that site sponsor Goldspot is currently running. Through October 20, 2017, purchase a Caran d'Ache 849 fountain pen and receive a free box of CdA cartridges.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.