- First Look: Baron Fig Vanguard The New Composition (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). These new Baron Fig notebooks are gorgeous, and people have been gushing over them. The pencils are awesome too - like a vintage Ticonderoga with dipped ends - though I haven't had the chance to sharpen one up.
- PenBBS #258 (via SquishyInk). The first review I've seen so far of the new PenBBS inks from China that Vanness Pens now stocks. If you like glittery inks, you may want to check these out.
- Monteverde Monza Fountain Pen Review & Giveaway (via Pen Chalet). Pen Chalet is giving away one of the new Monteverde Monza fountain pens, which has a ... familiar ... look to it, but it's an intriguing option at the $20 price point.
- Danitrio Mikado Flat Top Fountain Pen Review (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries had the opportunity to review an oversize Danitrio. I've seen these in person, and believe they're worth every penny of the (steep) price. In this case, you're not buying a pen, you're acquiring a usable work of art.
- Nock Co. Lanier Giveaway (via Nock Co.). Nock is giving away a Lanier briefcase to a lucky reader.
- Modern Fuel Minimal Mechanical Pencil 2.0 (via The Clicky Post). I'm intrigued by this design, and now I really want to get my hands on one of these.
- Aurora 88 Minerali Fountain Pen Review (via The Clicky Post). It's a double Dudek week, with Mike also posting his review of the Aurora 88 Minerali limited edition.
- Heading Off Hobonichi Heartache (via From the Pen Cup). Mary has a brilliant idea for keeping track of your journal, planner, or whatever stationery product you constantly fret about misplacing.
- Using Ultrasonic Cleaners (via The Pen Habit). Matt talks Ultrasonics, one of my favorite tools for cleaning out stubborn pens. You don't have to spend a ton of money, and they're also useful for cleaning jewelry, metal watch bracelets, etc. I personally own this iSonic version here.
- Karas Kustoms Decograph Review (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana and Laura review the new Karas Kustoms vintage-inspired Decograph pen. A nice design - I'm looking forward to seeing new color options as they are released.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I reviewed some new Notebooks from Crane & Co., one of America's oldest existing stationery companies. I also followed up on my prior review of Monteverde's updated ink lineup, reviewing five more unique colors. This week's Deals and Drops featured Etsy shops selling stationery-related goods, including notebook covers, pen wraps, and typewriters, among other things.
Finally, many thanks to this week's sponsor, Goldspot Pens. While supplies last, you can take advantage of their current promotional offer, which is a free paper gift with any purchase of $99 or more.
Happy Sunday, and thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.