This week's Sunday Reading post is one of the best in a while, including some great new pieces from Fountain Pen Economics, the Pelikan's Perch, and Matthew Morse. The news on a potential Pelikan price drop is particularly exciting.
- Franklin-Christoph Model 31 Omnis (via Hand Over That Pen). The trio at HOTP reviews the newest offering from Franklin-Christoph, and I have to admit that the design on this one isn't my favorite. (The material is gorgeous, though.)
- Hippo Noto Let It Sheen Giveaway (via SquishyInk). The pictures give a first-hand account of what Kickstarter fulfillment looks like "behind the scenes"!
- New Store Visit: La Couronne du Compte (via Pencilcase Blog). This looks like a fantastic pen store. I'm so jealous Dries gets to visit regularly in person!
- Everyman Grafton v. 2.0 (via Nib & Ink). If you recall Matthew's review of the (in)famous Grafton pen, it wasn't pretty. The team at Everyman apparently reached out and provided a new, improved Grafton for review.
- Nib Grind Showdown (via Clicky Post). Mike Dudek and Dan Smith of The Nibsmith team up on an article comparing custom nib grinds. Architect and Cursive Italic FTW.
- Nock Co. A5 Notebook Review (via Alt.Haven). I have a pack of these from the Lanier Kickstarter and haven't cracked them open yet. Looks like they hold up well to fountain pens. (As you'd expect!)
- Eversharp Skyline Vintage Pen Review (via The Pen Habit). Matt shows off his newest antique store find.
- Black Amber (via Fountain Pen Economics). Dr. Deans has an excellent article dissecting Lamy's recent disastrous foray into the world of high-end limited edition pens.
- Sailor 1911 Large Anchor Gray Review (via Ed Jelley). Ed reviews Sailor's most recent North American limited edition. I've seen this pen in person and it's an extremely attractive color that Sailor should do more with.
- A Shifting Price Strategy in the U.S. Market? (via Pelikan's Perch). Given the new pricing on recently announced Pelikan special editions, including the M605 White Transparent and the M805 Ocean Swirl, it appears that Pelikan and Chartpak, their North American distributor, may be adjusting North American pricing to better align with Europe.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I reviewed the Retro 51 vintage-style Desk Set, in Black Cherry lacquer. It was a bit of a short week for me since I had to step away for a couple days to address some family obligations.
Don't miss this week's Deals and Drops, and check out the 15% off special offer from new UK-based sponsor Paul's Paper & Pens, using the coupon code GMS15 at checkout!
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.