- Marlen Aleph Fountain Pen Review (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!). "Pros: Looks great; Cons: Doesn't write." Glad to see Ian back at it!
- Modern Fuel Mechanical Pencil 2.0 (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries takes a look at the Modern Fuel 2.0 in bronze.
- Modern Fuel Mechanical Pencil 2.0 (via Gourmet Pens). Azizah reviews the Modern Fuel 2.0 in copper - a common thread among all of these reviews is that the pencil isn't too heavy.
- A Wonder Pens Studio Shop (via Wonder Pens Blog). Wonder Pens in Toronto is opening a smaller second location and moving their larger, primary location. Best of luck to them, and it looks to be a busy 2018 as they continue to grow.
- Penwell - A New Accessory to Make Any Pen a Desk Pen (via Clicky Post). Mike reviews the Penwell, and I agree with his assessment all around. This little desk tool is amazingly useful. I have one that was sent over for review and will be publishing my thoughts in the future.
- Kaweco Steel Sport (via Pen Addict). If you've been wanting a heftier version of the Kaweco Sport, but for whatever reason didn't like the smell of brass, this may be the pen for you.
- Use Your Stash: A Book That Takes Its Time by Flow Magazine (via From the Pen Cup). I share Mary's affinity for hanging out in Barnes & Noble (or any location that combines books/paper/coffee, for that matter), and this post reminded me that it's been a while and need to check to see if there's anything new - like this book.
- Rickshaw Pen Sleeves (via Well-Appointed Desk). I handled a Rickshaw pen sleeve for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and was impressed with the quality, especially the interior lining.
- Pelikan M605 White Transparent Special Edition (via TooManyInks). A cool looking pen, but I didn't expect it to be quite as "bright white" as it appears in real life. I think I might have liked an ivory color a bit better, as is shown in the marketing images? Still on the fence a bit about this one.
- First Look: Karas Pen Co. Decograph No. 1702 "Elektron" (via Nib & Ink). Matthew takes a look at a special edition version of the new Karas Kustoms Decograph. I have to hand it to them, that material is gorgeous.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
Also, don't forget to take advantage of this week's free personalization/engraving offer from Goldspot!
In Case You Missed It...
This week I reviewed some new pocket notebooks from Darkstar Collection, as well as a gorgeous leather cover for the Baron Fig Confidant sent to me by One Star Leather Goods. I also published my own initial impressions of the Modern Fuel Mechanical Pencil 2.0, which I had the opportunity to review in stainless steel. And don't miss this week's Deals & Drops!
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.