- Kobe Gogh Deep Blue Review (via SquishyInk). Great, just what I need, MORE exclusive Sailor inks from Kobe Nagasawa. And a Van Gogh theme to boot?
- This November Is For Editing (via Pete Denison). How are you spending NaNoWriMo? Writing something entirely new, or revising something you finished in years past?
- Enjoying Fountain Pen Day 2017 and Celebrating Writing (via Clicky Post). +1 on this, pretty much a perfect statement of why I enjoy this hobby and put so much time into evangelizing it.
- Kokuyo Jibun Techo B6 Slim 2018 Planner (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana takes a look at a new planner system that uses Tomoe River paper, and is setting itself up as a rival to the Hobonichi series.
- Scriptus 2017 Re-Cap (via Wonder Pens Blog). Someday I need to make my way up to Toronto for the Scriptus pen show! Looks amazing, and the crowds!? Toronto is apparently a great pen town.
- Scriptus 2017 (via Gorgeous.Ink). Paul is back with his own recap of Scriptus!
- Appropriate Answers to Awkward Questions: A Pen Person's Field Guide to Holiday Socializing (via Leigh Reyes). Amazing and hilarious.
- Fellhoelter TiBolt Pen (via Nib & Ink). An interesting looking pen, and well-made, but I've never found the "Tactical Pen" genre interesting.
- Take a Peek into 15 Orchard Street (via CW Pencil Enterprise). I was lucky enough to visit a couple weeks back, and the new CW Pencils store is amazing.
- Sailor Pro Gear Fountain Pen Review (via My Pen Needs Ink). Bob reviews what's up there as one of my favorite pens ever. I have the Yellow Pro Gear Color, and have been thinking of picking up the Ivory featured in Bob's review....
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog, I published the last installment of my three-part Blackwing Pencil series, a review of the Blackwing Pearl. I also took a look at some recent Star Wars branded stationery products, including the Cross Townsend "Stormtrooper" Pen and the Sheaffer Star Wars series, courtesy of Goldspot!
I also resurrected the "For Sale" page, trying to thin out the herd a LOT. The sale has been a huge success, and I look forward to scaling down my pen accumulation in the next year. I"m pretty motivated to clear out what's left, so please make me an offer. **Update: I've just added some watches that I'm also looking to clear out as I consolidate my collection.**
Also, don't miss the chance to take advantage of the various Fountain Pen Day deals floating around out there, some of which run through Sunday.
Thanks for reading, and Happy Sunday!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.