- 2018 Diary Chooser: What's the best 2018 Diary for you? (via Milligram Journal). Australia-based retailer Milligram published a guide to diaries (or, as we in the States generally refer t them, "planners"). There are some really interesting-looking ones on here that I've never seen before.
- Pens for Crappy Paper (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). Less published a guide to pens (non-ballpoints) to use on cheap office supply closet paper, something most of the readers of this blog struggle with on a daily basis.
- Ink Review #166: Montblanc Beatles (via Mountain of Ink). I've been anxiously awaiting a review of the new Beatles Ink, and it's a really cool purple with a touch of gold sheen. I've heard this ink compared to Lamy Dark Lilac, but I don't see many similarities.
- Twiss Irish Bog Oak Fountain Pen (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!). Ian shows off his new custom Twiss pen made from Irish Bog Oak. A beauty!
- The Stationer is ONE! (via All Things Stationery). Congratulations to Tessa on a full year in business.
- Top 5 Favourite Inks 2017 (via Alt.Haven). Junee takes a look at her top 5 ink purchases from 2017. I can get behind several of these.
- Faber-Castell Loom Fountain Pen Review (via The Pen Addict). I love Faber-Castell pens, and they make great jumping off points into fountain pen addiction. The Loom, however, is one that I have yet to try.
- Star Wars Townsend "Chewbacca" Fountain Pen Review (via The Pen Habit). Matt reviews one of the newly released Cross Townsend fountain pens, from the perspective of a non-Star Wars enthusiast.
- Karas Pen Co. Decograph Fountain Pen (via Gourmet Pens). Azizah has a nice review of the Karas Decograph. This is one that I'll probably need to get my hands on at a pen show to check out for myself - $165 seems like a steep price point for this pen, but I do like the design better than the metal Karas pens.
- Uni Style Fit Multi Pen Review (via My Pen Needs Ink). Bob takes a look at the one multi pen I haven't yet had a chance to formally review. I have been using a Style fit lately, and I really enjoy the Signo refill and the wide range of colors available.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. Don't forget to use the coupon code "HOLIDAY" to save 10%, ending today!
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan. Many thanks to Vanness for sponsoring the blog this week!
- Goldspot Pens. A big welcome to Goldspot as a regular sponsor of the blog! Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I reviewed what I consider to be one of the greatest pens of all time, the classic Bic Cristal. I also took a look at some unique stationery purchases from Duncan Shotton Design Studios in Tokyo, Japan.
Finally, if you haven't checked out this week's Deals and Drops, you can do so here. I pulled together some special and limited editions that are still available. Also, we've now reached the crisis point for last minute Christmas shopping. You might have a few couple days to place orders for expedited (domestic U.S.) delivery, but it's close. One last plug for the 2017 Holiday Gift Guide.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!