So you (like me) may be scrambling for some of those last minute Christmas gifts? At this point, you're largely limited to what you can find in-store, though if you place an order today, or even tomorrow, Amazon might be able to save you with some last-minute Prime Shipping, depending on where you are located. (I always liked getting a fresh box of a dozen pens in my stocking. Big surprise there.) Deals and sales are going to be a bit limited until the week between Christmas and New Year's, but there are a few good opportunities still floating around, including some new releases and special editions.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.
- Taccia Spectrum (via Pen Chalet). Ron has a great deal going on Taccia's latest models, including the Spectrum and the Pinnacle. These pens feature Sailor stainless steel nibs.
- Monteverde Ink Buy Two Get One Free (via Pen Chalet). Pen Chalet is still running the Buy 2, Get One Free promotion on Monteverde's excellent revitalized ink lineup. There's an incredible range of colors here, and most of them are very low-maintenance, well-behaved inks.
- Pineider Pens (via Vanness Pens). Dante Delvecchio, formerly of Visconti, is back with a new brand of pens dubbed Pineider. Some interesting designs here.
- Kyo-no-oto 07 Hisoku (via Vanness Pens). No. 06 is sold out, but Vanness has some No. 07 (a steel blue) back in stock.
- TWSBI AL Pens (via Appelboom). Appelboom still has some relatively uncommon AL TWSBI's in stock, including the TWSBI Diamond Mini AL Gold Fountain Pen, and the TWSBI 580 AL Rose Fountain Pen.
- Graf von Faber-Castell Guilloche Fountain Pens (via Anderson Pens). Faber-Castell pens are among my favorite steel-nib writers, but I had the opportunity to handle the pricier GvFC line at this year's DC Pen Show. If you prefer a slimmer pen, these are amazing.
- Tailfeather Leather Goods (via Huckberry). Huckberry has a variety of leather goods from Australian retailer Tailfeather marked down 20%, including the Crane Notebook Cover and Machined Pen. This looks absolutely gorgeous, but I've been waiting for the price to drop before putting it on here.
- Karas Kustoms Sale (via Huckberry). Huckberry also has their selection of Karas Kustoms pens marked down.
- Pens and Leather Sleeves from Ateleia Craft + Design (via Ateleia / Etsy). I'm looking at picking one of these up for 2018. I've admired them for years.
- Working Typewriters (via Etsy / Working Typewriters). I've been lurking on this site for a while. Thinking that 2018 might be a great time to dive deep into typewriters. I've not purchased here, but it has great reviews and the stock looks amazing. Pricing is reasonable, too.
- Uniball Vision Elite Micro Point Rollerballs (via Amazon). One of my favorite disposable liquid ink rollerballs. Available in your standard black and blue, as well as in a color assortment.
- Bic Cristal Xtra Precision (via Amazon). Fun colors would make these awesome fine-point Bics great stocking stuffers.
- Leuchtturm 1917 A5 Hardcover Dot-Grid Notebook (via Amazon). IMHO, Leuchtturm makes the best "mass market" black notebook, with the most versatile paper.
- Jetstream Multi Pen Value Pack (via Amazon). A great inexpensive multi pen with the versatile Uniball Jetstream hybrid ballpoint refill.
- Lamy 2000 Fountain Pen with included Leather Pen Sleeve (via Amazon). A nice little package deal here, especially if you need a quick high-end gift.
- Lamy 2000 Black Amber Limited Edition (via Amazon). Retailers are starting to clear out their stock, and it could be a really unique gift for a Lamy completionist or fountain pen nut (though you'd have to really like them a lot).