- Ink Comparison: 32 Black Inks (via Macchiato Man). Puts my six-green-ink comparison to shame. Black inks can have a lot of variation, including sheen, and this post shows it off nicely.
- Baron Fig Strategist aka 3*5 Notecard (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). Less reviews Baron Fig's latest release, the "Strategist" series of notecards that look to be fountain pen friendly.
- Ink Review #173: Noodler's Golden Aspen (via Mountain of Ink). Like Noodler's Apache Sunset but think the color is a touch too light? You may want to try this while you can, since it's a limited edition.
- Kyo-no-oto (via Murberdraws). Tania is back with a new blog post, reviewing the new Hisoku and Adzuki inks from Kyoto TAG.
- Colorverse Andromeda Review (via SquishyInk). I need to check out these Colorverse inks. I love the space theme!
- Conklin Nighthawk Titanium Fountain Pen Review (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries reviews the Conklin Nighthawk, an exclusive from Goulet Pens that's been around for a while in various iterations.
- A Year of Wonder Pens Book Club (via Wonder Pens). What a great pen store/community!
- Top 4 Favourite Pens 2017 (via Alt. Haven). A great set of pens from Junee! I also plan to dramatically cut down on personal acquisitions in 2018.
- Parker Premier Monochrome Titanium PVD Fountain Pen (via Pen Addict). The Parker Premiere is one of those pens that has sat on my "to review" list for quite some time. I've been quite impressed with the offerings from Parker lately. What I've tried has been very high quality, if a touch pricey.
- I've Waited Too Long for a Gift Guide.... (via Ed Jelley). A great 2017 recap from Ed. Congrats on the little guy! Watches seem to have outpaced pens for me in 2017 as well....
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. Don't forget to use the coupon code "HOLIDAY" to save 10%, ending today!
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan. Many thanks to Vanness for sponsoring the blog this week!
- Goldspot Pens. A big welcome to Goldspot as a regular sponsor of the blog! Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
Things are going to slow down a bit, in terms of new review content, until after the New Year. The last "fresh" review that I posted was this round-up of dark green inks. Over the next week I'll have some recap posts that include my favorite new products from 2017, like this one that talks about my favorite pens. Also, you can check out this week's Deals and Drops here, and next week's Deals post will likely highlight after-Christmas clearance sales.
While it's probably too late to shop online (unless you live somewhere same-day shipping is an option), here are some ideas if you're out and about looking for last-minute gifts.
Best wishes to all of you this holiday season, and I'm looking forward to what 2018 has to offer!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.