- Melbourne Pen Show 2017 Recap (via Macchiato Man). Yagan has a comprehensive recap of the 2017 Melbourne Pen Show. What a great looking regional show! While on the smaller side, it attracted some high quality vendors, with some rare pieces (especially all those Omas).
- Mobius + Rupert Pollux (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). I agree, the Pollux sharpener is super finicky and can be supremely frustrating. But when it's working properly....
- Review: California Typewriter (via Comfortable Shoes Studio / Harry Marks). Harry reviews the recently released documentary California Typewriter. This one is definitely on my list.
- More Collaborations Please (via Leigh Reyes). 2017 was certainly a great year for product collaborations between makers, bloggers, enthusiasts, and more. I don't see this slowing down anytime soon, given how successful most of these were.
- Guide to Holiday Pencil Gifting (via C.W. Pencils). Pencils (and other stationery products) do make thoughtful inexpensive gifts. Some great ideas here.
- Lamy 2000 Mechanical Pencil Review (via The Pen Addict). Jeff reviews the Lamy 2000 mechanical pencil, one of the few entries in Lamy's 2000 lineup that I've never tried, for whatever reason. Looks like I need to fix that next year.
- This Just In: Nanami Cafe Note (via FP Quest). I recently picked up a Cafe Note as well (in the Crossfield-style grid paper) and may use this as a Hobonichi replacement for 2018.
- Book Review: The Revenge of Analog (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana offers her thoughts on one of the more popular books of 2017, David Sax's The Revenge of Analog. I also thoroughly enjoyed this book and would encourage anyone who reads this blog to pick it up.
- Benu Pen Essence Collection Bird of Paradise Fountain Pen (via Gourmet Pens). My reaction to this pen was similar - I enjoy the uniqueness of what Benu is trying to do, but I wish the price could come down and make these more accessible.
- My Favorite Disposable Pens (via My Pen Needs Ink). Bob surveys the market for disposable pens and gives us his top picks. Some great ones on here!
- Karas Kustoms Electron Decograph Review (via Ed Jelley). Ed reviews the limited edition version of Karas Kustoms new Decograph fountain pen, which is now sold out but has been receiving a lot of attention recently.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Goldspot Pens. A big welcome to Goldspot as a regular sponsor of the blog! Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
A special thanks to Paul's Paper and Pens for sponsoring the blog this week. They are offering TGS readers 10% off any purchase between now and December 25, using the code TGS10 at checkout.
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I reviewed the Penwell Desktop Pen Holder in walnut and brass, as well as the Cortona Leatherkind Notebook courtesy of Central Crafts. This week's Deals and Drops featured some announcements regarding last-minute holiday orders, as well as some lingering Cyber Week shopping opportunities that may include items in the 2017 TGS Holiday Gift Guide.
Happy Sunday, and thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.