- State of the Union 2017: Fountain Pen Ink (via Macchiato Man). Yagan discusses in detail the state of the ink market. Wow, I'd forgotten about many of these, and just how many new inks were released in 2017.
- Staples Arc System Notebooks and Refills (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). Less reviews Staples' version of the arc disc-binding system, which I've always found to be a much better value than the Levenger "Circa"-branded one. A long time ago, I was able to purchase one of the Levenger 25-page punches on deep, deep discount, and I agree that in order for a system like this to work well, you do need a punch.
- Shimmer Ink (via Mountain of Ink). If you're interested in the Shimmer Ink trend that's been happening lately (and currently shows no sign of slowing down), Kelli has some tips about how best to use these inks, including how to best clean your pens.
- Lamy Aion Review (via Hand Over That Pen). The reviews of the Lamy Aion are starting to come out, and this is a thorough one. People either love or hate the Aion. I'm not sure which camp I fall into yet - thus far, I'm ambivalent, and I need to spend a lot more time with the pen before drafting a review.
- Inventery Mechanical Pen Review (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries reviews one of my favorite pens of 2017.
- Baughb Labs Minimalist Pen (via Nib & Ink). The minimalist machined pen trend also showed no signs of slowing down this year, and here's another one I'll need to check out at some point in the future!
- A Wonder Pens Year - 2017 (via Wonder Pens). What a great photo recap! Congrats to Wonder Pens on an excellent 2017 and best of luck for the New Year!
- 2017: Pen (re)Cap (via Leigh Reyes). As always, Leigh has an excellent annual recap discussing her pen travels, acquisitions, and experiences from 2017.
- What I Use: 2018 Planner Plans (via FPQuest). Ray talks about what he plans to use planner-wise in 2018. I'm not going with a Hobonichi in 2018, but I still enjoy the planner and may end up coming back around. Time to try something different.
- Magpie Syndrome: My Favorite Pens of 2017 (via Gourmet Pens). Azizah posts pics of her drool-worthy collection, including her favorites from 2017.
- How I choose my Next Pen (via My Pen Needs Ink). Great post from Bob on the process he goes through when deciding whether or not to make a new purchase.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. Don't forget to use the coupon code "INVENTORY" to save 10% off all sale items!
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now pens from the resurrected Conway Stewart brand.
- Goldspot Pens. A big welcome to Goldspot as a regular sponsor of the blog! Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
This was a quiet week on the blog for me, and I didn't realize how much I needed the time off. The only original thing that I published was Part II of my 2017 Year-end Round-Up, which was much harder and more time-consuming to write than I expected.
I also put together a list of year-end deals and promotions, some of which should last into January but many of which will expire today. Please check them out, and don't forget the special offer from this week's sponsor, Paul's Paper and Pens, which is a generous 20% off everything in the store using the coupon code TGS20.
Thanks for reading, Happy Sunday, and since most of you all won't hear from me until after New Years, happy 2018!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.