This week's links include a massive L.A. Pen Show recap plus some articles on various regional pen groups. Also, yesterday was the inaugural meeting of the Middle Tennessee Pen and Stationery Group - contact me if you're in the area and would like to be added to the list for future events.
- My Modest Ink Collection (via The Finer Point). It's absolutely amazing that in our hobby, 17 bottles of ink is considered a "modest" collection. I really need to work on trimming mine down.
- First Dutch Fountain Pen Group Meet (via Gourmet Pens). Local pen clubs and meetups seem to be flourishing. I'm jealous that we don't have a major pen store near us in the Nashville area.
- Inaugural GNYPIG Meet-Up (via From the Pen Cup). Mary has another great report from the first meet-up of the Greater New York Pen and Ink Group - the acronym is pronounced "Guinea Pig."
- Sailor Yama-Dori Ink Review (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries reviews one of my favorite standard Sailor inks, and I completely agree on this being a lower-maintenance alternative to J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor.
- Karas Customs Knox Series EDK (via The Clicky Post). Mike reviews the newest series of their EDK pen, which is an acid washed and oxidized copper "Shipwreck" model.
- Epic LA Pen Show Recap (via AltecGreen at FPN). User AltecGreen always posts a massive recap of the LA Pen Show that I look forward to reading each year. One day, I'll be able to make it to the show itself.
- Shawn Newton Sumpter in "Le Tigre" Cebloplast/Celluloid (via Pen Addict). Really ridiculously good-looking.
- A Static Yet Evolving Fountain Pen Collection (via Pete Denison). Pete's back with a new post on the state of his fountain pen collection and why he likes the pens he has.
- The Viarco Vintage Collection (via Woodclinched). Andy has a new review of a reissue of some Viarco vintage pencils, which I need to check out next time I'm in CW Pencils.
- Aurora 88 Pen Review (via Inkdependence). Mike reviews Aurora's flagship pen, the Aurora 88.
- The Cost Disease (via Fountain Pen Economics). Dr. Deans is back with some new economic analysis of the fountain pen industry.
- One Star Leather Goods Notebook Cover Review + Giveaway (via Ed Jelley). Ed reviews a notebook cover from One Star Leahter and is giving away an $80 gift card. Check out Ed's post for details.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Huckberry. Huckberry is one of my favorite stores offering a curated selection of goods, including many with a heavy analog flavor. You can grab limited deals and discounts on notebooks, pens, and other stationery and EDC-related items.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here.
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. (NEW SPONSOR!) Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here.
Subscribe to Digital Divide
A new issue of Digital Divide is out. In this latest issue I discussed my thoughts on the Apple Watch, "smartwatches" in general, and why I finally decided they weren't for me. Be sure to subscribe on the sidebar so you don't miss future issues!
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog I took a look at the new limited edition "Alphabet" Squire from Baron Fig, and I also reviewed one of my primary pen storage solutions, "The Divide" by Dudek Modern Goods. Also, if you haven't checked out this week's Deals and Drops post, it features a storewide sale from Pen Boutique and also some new product releases.
Happy Sunday, and thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.