As a bit of a last minute present to myself after having to miss LA for a work conflict, I get to take a trip to the BWI pen show this week! If you're going to be there, let me know. In the meantime, this week's Deals and Drops includes a lot of pens that I'll be looking for this weekend!
- Aurora 88 Anniversary w/ New Flex Nib (via Pen Chalet). I'm absolutely stoked to get my hands on this pen. I should be taking home a review unit to put through the paces. Look for my thoughts up on the blog over the next week or so.
- Franklin-Christoph Sweet Maroon Ink (via Franklin-Christoph). You may have seen pictures of this ink all over Instagram. I love Burgundy/Maroon inks (high school colors and all), so I'll probably be picking up a bottle of this along with the Urushi Red. I wonder if they'll have another show special like their orange ink from Philadelphia?
- Goldspot Pens Clearance (via Goldspot). Goldspot is currently running a Spring clearance sale with a lot of nice discounts on brands like Monteverde, Cross, Sheaffer, and Private Reserve.
- Mark Twain Conklin Limited Edition Crescent Filler Demonstrator (via Pen Chalet). Ron has these in stock in both the blue, red, and clear with rose gold trim. He sent me a red demonstrator to test out and review, and I'll be posting a review. The price on this pen is great at 50% off, and the stub nib I tried was a smooth and reliable writer. The regular Crescent Filler (non-demonstrator) is on sale for under $100.
- Pilot Ageless Present Collection Ballpoint (via Pen Chalet). I've heard good things.
- Pilot Stanza Collection Ballpoint (via Pen Chalet).
- Sailor Fresca Blue Special Edition (via Anderson Pens). Apparently the "North American Exclusive" is going to be a new thing with Sailor, and this is high on my list of things to check out this weekend. Who knows, there's a good chance I may come home with one!
- Pelikan M101N Bright Red (via Pen Chalet). The latest in the vintage-inspired M101N series is available for pre-order now. I've been looking to add one of these to my collection for a while. I hope someone has one this weekend because I'm torn between this and the Red Tortoise (see below).
- Pelikan M101N Red Tortoise (via Amazon). Another former limited edition that I've had my eye on for a while, though they're becoming more difficult to find from retailers.
- Pelikan M101N Lizard (via Amazon). A nice looking M101N from a few years back, if you're not into red pens.
- TWSBI 580 (via Amazon). OK, it's embarrassing for me to admit that I don't currently have a TWSBI in my collection. I end up selling them off or giving them away to people interested in getting into the hobby, and I always end up regretting it. I may also try to pick up one of these Clear TWSBI Eco's.
- Caran D'Ache Leman Fountain Pen (via Pen Chalet). Ron is now carrying Caran D'Ache pens, and has the very high-end Leman on special. I've always been partial to the aesthetics of the Ecridor, and want to see if I can locate one this weekend.
- Montblanc Ultra Black Classique (via Anderson Pens). I've been thinking of adding a MB Classique fountain pen to the arsenal, and if I did I'd go with the Ultra Black. I already own a Classique ballpoint which I love.
- Pilot Metropolitan Retro Pop with 1.0mm Stub Nib (via Anderson Pens). I hope the Andersons have a tester, because this is one that I want to try in person before I buy.
- Wipebook Pro Whiteboard Notebook (via Massdrop). I have something similar and use it all the time. This looks nicely executed.
- Wink Pen (via Massdrop). The Wink Pen is back on Massdrop, though I've heard mixed reviews on functionality.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.