Since I'm traveling home today from the 2017 Baltimore Washington International Pen Show, I had to pull these together on the fly but I think I still came up with a pretty good set! I'll try to have a pen show recap up sometime this week. In the meantime, if you're in the Baltimore / DC area today, head over the BWI Westin. There are plenty of great pens and inks left to see!
- Six Pen Challenge (via Hand Over That Pen). The trio at Hand Over That Pen are participating in the six pen challenge this March (only keeping six pens inked at any given time). Inkpothesis is also attempting the six pen challenge. I've tried to keep around six inked in the past, but that number always ekes its way up to 10, then 12, then....
- Don't Ship a Fountain Pen Filled With Ink (via Inktronics). Humorous (yet somewhat distressing) article from Inktronics. Apparently there are indeed those persons who think it's permissible to ship someone a fully inked fountain pen.
- Camel HB Pencil (via Fountain Pen Revolution). I picked up a few of these the last time I was in CW Pencils in NYC and they are, indeed, beautiful.
- Pelikan News: The Pelikano Up (via Pelikan's Perch). Apparently Pelikan is updating their Pelikano school pen line with a new model.
- Franklin-Christoph Model 66 Stabilis Antique Glass (via Gourmet Pens). Azizah reviews the elusive and still hard to find Antique Glass desk pen.
- Sailor Jentle Waka-Uguisu (via Alt.Haven). One of three new Sailor Inks I picked up this weekend, and one that I'm most excited about. Stay tuned.
- Doane Paper Large Idea Journal (via Ed Jelley). Ed reviews the Doane Paper Large Idea Journal, which I've had for years and need to actually break out and use. I'm a huge fan of Doane's letter-sized writing pads.
- Lamy 2000 and a Cappucino (via Ed Jelley). Some more top-noth photography from Ed in a "wordless" post.
- Lamy Pacific Blue Al-Star Pen and Ink (via Pen Addict). Jeff Abbot reviews the new Lamy Al-Star Limited Edition from the Pen Addict (and the ink, which as many of you probably already know, is identical to standard Lamy Turquoise).
- Field Notes Utility Edition (via Office Supply Geek). Brian has an early review of the new Field Notes Utility Edition, the latest release in the "colors" series. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't had the chance to even open the pack yet, due to my travels.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Huckberry. Huckberry is one of my favorite stores offering a curated selection of goods, including many with a heavy analog flavor. You can grab limited deals and discounts on notebooks, pens, and other stationery and EDC-related items.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here.
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. (NEW SPONSOR!) Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here.
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I took an initial look at Baron Fig's latest limited edition release, the Vanguard "Infinity" edition, and also finally got around to publishing a review of some of the various Sailor inks manufactured for Kobe-Nagasawa department stores in Japan, as well as a review of the Conklin Mark Twain Crescent Filler Demonstrator, a unique pen that I enjoyed getting to test out courtesy of Pen Chalet. Last but not least, if you haven't had the chance to check out this week's Deals and Drops, please do so!
Happy Sunday, and thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.