- Atlanta Pen Show Prep (via My Pen Needs Ink). Bob shares his Atlanta Pen Show "list" (and we all have one). I will probably be at the Atlanta Pen Show on Saturday evening and Sunday, not being able to make the full weekend due to a work commitment. I hope to see many of you there!
- Experiment 16: Snakes and Ladders 24 Pencil Test (via Inkpothesis). Wow. I guess there really is a lot of batch variation with the first special edition Archer pencils. The batch that I received is pretty good, but they are darker than the original Baron Fig Archer.
- Kaweco Traveler's Pen Case (via Write To Me Often). In addition to pens, Kaweco makes some nice accessories like this "Traveler's Pen Case." I haven't seen these at too many retailers here in the States, but I know that this product is available.
- Nock Co. Petite & Gigante Cards (via Nib & Ink). Matthew takes a first look at some new versions of the Nock Co. Dot-Dash index cards. I'm excited about both of these and hope to pick some up in Atlanta (provided the stock lasts long enough for me to get there).
- Conid Cappuccino (via Eclectidbits). I love Conid's non-standard pens. This one is beautiful.
- Affordable Gold Nib Pens (via Alt.Haven). I can get behind all of the pens on this list, though I share Junee's hesitation about Wing Sung. I've not had any personal experience with them, and blind eBay purchases are always risky.
- Aurora Nebulosa Limited Edition Fountain Pen Review (via Pen Addict). Susan reviews the latest Aurora 88 Limited Edition. Having seen this pen in person, it is indeed gorgeous and pictures don't really do it justice. The Nebulosa should be on everyone's "to see" list this during pen show season.
- Vintage Heartbreak (via FPQuest). Alas, one of the perils of vintage pen collecting. I've been there and feel Ray's pain.
- Aurora 88 Matte Black Fountain Pen (via Gourmet Pens). Another Aurora pen that I got to play with at the 2017 Baltimore-Washington Pen Show. With respect to the nib, I also owned a stock italic at one point that experienced similar problems with dryness.
- Franklin-Christoph Sweet Maroon (via Independence). Franklin-Christoph has been killing it with their red inks. Another I need to put on my list.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates (And Welcome New Sponsor Appelboom!)
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. I'm happy to welcome Appelboom as a sponsor of this blog! Look for new pen and ink reviews in the future, courtesy of Appelboom, and please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing.
- Kenro Industries and Vanness Pens. If you're looking for the latest Limited Edition Aurora 88, the Nebulosa, head on over to Vanness right now! This one won't last long.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here.
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here.
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog I reviewed one of my treasured Sailor Pro Gears, the limited edition Realo "Soleil" for Bung Box. I also published a short guide to stock stub nibs, which are many people's first foray down the rabbit hole of specialty nibs. Finally, don't miss this week's Deals and Drops, which includes an Easter weekend sale and discount at Pen Chalet. Use the coupon code EASTER for 10% off.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.