So I made it to Atlanta after all! (Last minute.) The live podcast recording was great, as always, and I'll try to have a recap of the show up sometime this week.
- Photo Post: Nakaya Neo Standard + Hobonichi Techo (via Ed Jelley). Some more great photography from Ed.
- Culling the Herd: Is Less More When Collecting Fountain Pens? (via Nib and Muck). Always be willing to cull the herd! (You can always sell the pens you don't use and ... buy more pens!)
- More Pen Store Recaps (via Hand Over That Pen). Katherine recaps her pen-shopping travels in Osaka and Kyoto. I enjoyed getting to meet Franz and Pam from Hand Over That Pen this weekend in Atlanta!
- Field Notes Just Below Zero (via Three Staples). Jinnie reviews a Field Notes Colors edition from way back (which of course I missed out on).
- Robert Oster Hippo Purple (via The Pen Addict). Susan reviews the new limited edition "Hippo Purple" ink, made especially for the forthcoming Hippo Noto notebook from Squishy-Ink.
- Ghost Paper Notebook Review (via Office Supply Geek). Brian reviews a new notebook with raised lines for ruling (novel idea!) I was just sent two of these in the mail so I will probably have a review up in the coming weeks.
- My Pelikan M805 Fountain Pen (via Pete Denison). Pete has a new post up, in which he talks about the Pelikan M805, which is an extremely comfortable writer despite its larger size. Glad to see Pete blogging about pens again!
- Robert Oster Berry d'Arche Review (via Well-Appointed Desk). Robert Oster is killling it with these dark purple colors, and this one almost approaches burgundy.
- Hippo Noto Notebook Review (via Gourmet Pens). Azizah reviews the massive Hippo Noto Tomoe River notebook (discussed above).
- You're Too Busy: You Need a "Shultz Hour" (via NY Times). Every once in a while you get a nice digital/analog divide-themed article in the New York Times. I talk more about this in my most recent Digital Divide post, discussed further below.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates (And Welcome New Sponsor Appelboom!)
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. I'm happy to welcome Appelboom as a sponsor of this blog! Look for new pen and ink reviews in the future, courtesy of Appelboom, and please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing.
- Kenro Industries and Vanness Pens. If you're looking for the latest Limited Edition Aurora 88, the Nebulosa, head on over to Vanness right now! This one won't last long.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here.
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here.
In Case You Missed It....
It was a bit of an eventful week on the blog. I posted my initial impressions of the new Baron Fig "Metamorphosis" limited edition Confidant, and a review of the newly revamped Parker Urban Fountain Pen, which I was surprised to like as much as I did. Also, Digital Divide is back for as a series of posts, as opposed to a newsletter, with the entire archive of back "volumes" now available to for your perusal.
Finally, don't miss this week's Deals and Drops! Thanks for reading, and Happy Sunday!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.