A lot of great reading in this weeks links! Also, don't miss the giveaway I'm currently running, courtesy of Laurence King Publishers, which closes tonight. AND, it's Pelikan Hubs 2017 sign-up time! If you're in the Nashville, Tennessee area, be sure to sign up, because last year's meet-up was a blast.
- Kaweco AC Sport Fountain Pen Review & Giveaway (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries has a great review of the Kaweco AC Sport, which is Kaweco's premium version of its excellent pocket pen. He's also giving one away, courtesy of Appelboom!
- Superior Labor Leather Portfolios (via Wonder Pens). These are gorgeous! I love portfolios, especially nice leather ones, and I've been meaning to get my hands on some Superior Labor goods for a while now.
- How to Make Your Own Watercolor and Other Diversions (via Leigh Reyes). I've been intrigued by all the Instagram shots from Kremer Pigments in NYC, where you can make your own watercolors. Leigh writes about her recent trip.
- Sailor Pro Gear Realo - Shumibun Club Edition (via Alt.Haven). Not helpful to my efforts to save money for the D.C. Pen Show later this summer. Not helpful at all.
- Kaweco Special Ballpoint Pen - New Shiny Brass (via The Clicky Post). Mike has a review of the new brass version of the Kaweco Special, an often overlooked entry in Kaweco's lineup.
- A Moment in Pencil History: Japanese Pencil Designations (via CW Pencils). Another good opportunity to catch up on your pencil history.
- Diplomat Aero in Sunset Orange (via The Pen Addict). Susan reviews the striking Diplomat Aero in Sunset Orange, a pen that I recently acquired and which I love. A note on the dryness she experienced with the nib: For what it's worth, I've personally only seen this with Diplomat's fine nibs. Both Diplomat medium nibs in my collection were consistently wet writers straight out of the box, with no modification.
- Ken Cavers Purity in Tibaldi Celluloid (via MyCoffeePot). Gerald adds to his collection of pens in Tibaldi Celluloid. This pen from Ken Cavers is stunning (and I second the recommendation on Tabasco Habanero).
- Chicago Pen Show Journal, Part I, Part II, Part III, and Part IV (via The Pen Habit). Matt has an incredibly thorough and enjoyable FOUR-PART recap of his trip to the Chicago Pen Show.
- Sailor 1911 Standard Ballpoint (via Well-Appointed Desk). Sailor makes excellent ballpoints, and their refills are superb. I echo Ana's comment that they can be somewhat hard to find, so stock up on them when you can.
- Lamy Safari Petrol (via Ed Jelley). Ed reviews the newest Lamy Safari limited edition, and as usual has excellent photographs to go along with his writeup.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Look for new pen and ink reviews in the future, courtesy of Appelboom, and please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here.
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here.
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog I updated my "Best Pens" recommendations, and also reviewed two more inks from Robert Oster Signature: Midnight Sapphire and Astorquiza Rot. This week's Deals and Drops also contains links to more clearance sales and some essentials on pen cleaning supplies.
As always, happy Sunday, and thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.