Enjoy this weekend's reading! I'll be outside with the grill/smoker relishing this gorgeous early summer weather!
- Jake Lazzari Custom Pen Review (via Nib and Muck). That's a big ebonite pen!
- Pen Maker Review: Romulus Pens (John Albert) (via Hand Over That Pen). Though I understand he's on a bit of a hiatus at the moment, John's work looks outstanding and comes with rave reviews. If you're not following him on Instagram, you should do so (@jalberlawrence).
- Baron Fig Squire (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries gives us his initial take on the Baron Fig Squire, and hits all the high points of this excellent rollerball.
- Wooden Pen Trays Available for Sale (via Wonder Pens). I really, really need to visit Toronto (and the Wonder Pens shop)!
- Field Notes Night Sky Edition (via Three Staples). Jinnie takes on Night Sky, the first Field Notes Colors Edition I ever purchased and the one that started this entire craze for me. A great edition, even though some of it's uniqueness has worn off with the release of Pitch Black.
- Levenger Empyrean (via Alt.Haven). I've never used Levenger inks, mainly because they have a reputation as being highly saturated and problematic other than on the most fountain-pen friendly of papers, but others love them. Maybe I should pick up one of their inks and give it a shot?
- Diplomat Aero Review in Sunset Orange (via The Pen Addict). Some follow-up on Susan's review of the Diplomat Orange a few weeks back, after Diplomat reached out to address some of the issues Susan had with her pen. Points of Distinction, Diplomat's U.S. distributor, has excellent customer service, and they're always enjoyable to talk to at pen shows. (And don't miss the giveaway!)
- Aurora Duo-Cart Review (via the Pen Habit). The Aurora Duo Cart has intrigued me since it was first released this year. It's one of those that's on my list to check out in person next time I'm at a pen show, since I generally like pens with hooded nibs.
- Blackwing Notebooks Review and Giveaway (via Well-Appointed Desk). I have a set of these awaiting review, and I'm glad to see that Ana had very good results with the paper.
- Miquel Rius Coiled Notebook Review (via Gourmet Pens). Even though their paper's tolerance of fountain pen ink can vary depending on the style of notebook you choose, I've always enjoyed using Miquel Rius notebooks, as they were among some of the first "high-end" notebooks I bought for work.
- And a Murberdraws Blog! (via Murberdraws). If you're following @murberdraws on Instagram, you should also know by now that she launched her blog this month - start with her great Chicago Pen Show recap!
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. Check out their weekend sale and use the coupon code BPDAY2017 to get 10% off your order.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here.
Last Chance for the Lamy Ink Giveaway
I'm giving away two bottles of Lamy ink (the Limited Edition Petrol and the Turquoise/"Pacific Blue"). The giveaway closes tonight at midnight. See the original post for rules, terms & conditions.
In Case You Missed It …
This week on the blog I reviewed four of the new Monteverde fountain pen inks: Napa Burgundy, Chaorite, Mandarin Orange, and Moonstone. I also reviewed the new Solitaire Doue Classique fountain pen from Montblanc's new "Montblanc for UNICEF" collection, and took an initial look at Baron Fig's limited edition "Clear Sky" Vanguard Notebook.
Finally, if you haven't checked out this week's Deals and Drops, don't miss out on some great clearance sales and discounts.
As always, thanks for reading, and happy Sunday!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.