- Manuscript ML 1856 1.1 Stub Review (via Nib & Muck). I've always wondered who made those "Manuscript" branded, blister-packed calligraphy pens that you sometimes see in art supply and big box stores. Turns out Manuscript is a British brand, and they've released a higher-end fountain pen with a stub nib.
- Aurora 88 Flex Pen Review (via Hand Over That Pen). I generally agree with their conclusions - the Aurora 88 isn't at the level of true "vintage flex," but it's about as much "flex" as I personally can handle in a pen and it's both nice-looking and a nice writer.
- New Diamine 150th Anniversary Inks Coming (via Pen Chalet). So we're getting 8 new Diamine 150th Anniversary Inks! The Blood Orange, Burgundy Royale, and Espresso are speaking to me right now. (The Terra Cotta is already one of my favorite orange/browns.)
- Coping with Office Supply FOMO (via CW Pencils). I really need to find a way to get myself to some stationery trade shows.
- The Pen Guardian Pen Case Review (via Pen Addict). Jeff reviews the Pen Guardian, a high-end leather pen case that's been creating some buzz lately. I think they attend pen shows, so I'll have to look for them in D.C.
- Baron Fig Squire Experiment No. 108 (via From the Pen Cup). Mary takes a look at the latest Baron Fig Squire, which as you all know sold out within 24 hours of its release. The Squire is a great pen, and has rapidly become one of my favorite non-fountain pen writing options.
- Currently Inked #41: Chicago Pen Show 2017 Haul (via Pen Habit). Matt and special guest Tania (@murberdraws) talk about their haul from the Chicago Pen Show.
- Sailor Jentle Four Seasons Inks (via Well-Appointed Desk). If you ever wanted to see what all of these colors looked like side-by-side, take a look at this post where Ana swabs all of the Sailor "Four Seasons" inks.
- Two More Blackwing Notebooks to Complement the Slate (via Woodclinched). The Blackwing Clutch (pocket-size) and Blackwing Summit (larger format notebook) have now hit the market. Alex at Blackwing was kind enough to send me some samples for review as well, and they're currently "in the queue."
- Montblanc Meisterstuck 149 PT Fountain Pen (via Gourmet Pens). "They lent it to me a while back to review ... and I couldn't send it back, so now it's mine forever." Yep. Been there. This is a lot of pen with a lot of nib, but it looks awesome!
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Look for new pen and ink reviews in the future, courtesy of Appelboom, and please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here.
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here.
Claim Your Benu Pen!
One of the winners of last week's Benu Pens giveaway has not contacted me yet to claim his prize. Joe Kardia, you have until tomorrow to contact me with your mailing address, at which point I'll have to choose a new winner.
In Case You Missed It …
I was on vacation this past week, so I took a bit of a break from pushing out new content. I've been thinking about this year's pen show season, so I went back into "the vault" and pulled out some pieces on vintage pens I did a while back. I also posted my thoughts on the new Lamy Petrol ink and Lamy Turquoise / "Pacific Blue," and am currently running a giveaway for one bottle of each of these inks courtesy of Appelboom.
And, if you haven't checked out this week's deals and drops, it features a lot of Delta pens, which are rapidly disappearing from retailers and prompting speculation about the future of the company. Not a good year for Italian pens....
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading.