So, I fell down a new rabbit hole this weekend. It's one that I've always been curious about, but once I realized that there was an Etsy Seller (Nashville Typewriters) restoring and selling vintage typewriters a short drive from my house, I pulled the trigger after having the opportunity to test out two of these in person. Stay tuned, and in the meantime, enjoy these links!
- Matt's Personal Top 10 Pens for 2017 (via The Pen Habit). Matt walks us through his personal 10 favorite pens at the end of Season 4 of the Pen Habit.
- Papier Plume's Red Beans & Rice (via Inkdependence). Papier Plume released a new ink for the Miami Pen Show this weekend, and it's, well, interesting. The color looks good, but the name brings to mind the idea of writing with red beans and rice. Anyhow, that's probably just me, and I'm sure it's a great ink because Papier Plume inks are generally great all-around.
- Experiment 23: An Inter-review of Baron Fig's Raspberry Honey Notebook (via Inkpothesis). A great review of Baron Fig's latest limited edition Confidant notebook, which is a hybrid product review and interview with the notebook's creator/artist, Geoff Gouveia.
- A Guide to the Non-Graphite (via CW Pencils). Caroline discusses some uses for colored pencils (other than coloring, which I agree is a totally acceptable activity for adults).
- On the Pilot 823 (via Cronicas Estilograficas). Some history and technical details on what has become one of my favorite pens.
- Pen and Ink Swap Market (via Wonder Pens). This is a great idea, and I love that Wonder Pens is hosting it in their store. If you're in the Toronto area, stop by.
- Pilot Decimo Fine Fountain Pen (via Well Appointed Desk). Ana reviews the Pilot Decimo, sometimes known as the "smaller Vanishing Point."
- The Best Fountain Pens for Taking Notes (via Ed Jelley). Ed has a new guide out, with some good recommendations if you're looking for a workhorse to use in class, meetings, or wherever you might be scribbling.
- Flip-Flop Notebooks from Say Nice Things Stationery. There are a couple reviews of the Say Nice Things Flip-Flop Pocket Notebooks. Laura over at Nib & Muck and Ana at the Well-Appointed Desk both have reviews up, and it appears as though the paper works decently with fountain pens.
- Typewriter Revolution (via Typewriter Revolution Blog). So, if you're interested in following me down (yet another) new path, and possibly jumping in yourself, start here.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here.
In Case You Missed It....
This week on the blog I posted my first guest post in a long time: Typewriter Reflections by longtime reader David Thomson. I also offered my thoughts on a new line of leather pen sleeves and pocket notebook covers from Dee Charles Designs.
Finally, if you missed this week's Deals and Drops, don't forget to check them out.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
A note on the typewriters featured in this post: I purchased both of these typewriters from Michael at Nashville Typewriters, who has several functioning typewriters available for sale at reasonable prices. (I believe he has more that are not currently listed on Etsy - if you're looking for something specific, reach out to him and ask.)
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.