- The BIC Stops Here: In Praise of the Humble Stick Pen (via Wired). I was interviewed and quoted in this Wired article earlier this week, which was fun and turned out to be a good read. I'd completely forgotten about these Papermate pens.
- Cleaning Fountain Pens (via Fountain Pen World). A relatively new blog from the proprietors of Fontoplumo in the Netherlands, which has this very comprehensive post on cleaning the different types of fountain pen filling systems.
- Taccia Spectrum (via Hand Over That Pen). The team from Hand Over That Pen takes on a new pen from Taccia, the Spectrum. Taccia has been promoting this pen heavily, and this review is on point.
- Inktastic: Lamy Petrol Special Edition Ink Review (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries gives us his thoughts on the latest, scarcest, Lamy limited edition ink.
- Journaling Pages - Travelers Notebook (via Wonder Pens). Another great and timely piece from Liz at Wonder Pens as we get geared up for part II of Pen Show season. I know I'm definitely trying - with middling success - "to be more organized and intentional about what tools and supplies I bring into my life."
- Panobook by Studio Neat (via Clicky Post). Mike gives us his thoughts on the Panobook by Studio Neat, which should be winding down its Kickstarter project soon!
- Field Notes for Sale (via FP Quest). Ray is selling off a bunch of Field Notes, so if you're in the market, be sure to visit his site. Not sure how long these will last.
- Platinum Classic Ink in Citrus and Lavender (via Inkophile). A nice photographic review of two more inks from Platinum's "Classic" collection of iron gall inks. I recently reviewed the "Cassis Black" ink in this same series.
- Inky FIngers Notebooks Product Updates (via The Pen Habit). Matt's updated his line of notebooks, after resolving some production issues.
- Ink Review: Montblanc Golden Yellow (via Well-Appointed Desk). I may need to grab a bottle of this before it goes away forever. I held off because yellow inks I've tried in the past haven't been exactly visible, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
- Plumbago Magazine, Issue 2 (via Woodclinched). Don't miss issue No. 2 of the Plumbago Zine, Andy Welfle's new product. Available for pre-order now.
- A Dozen Years (via Pencil Revolution). Congrats to Johnny for a DOZEN YEARS in the stationery blogosphere. The Godfather of stationery blogging.
- Mental Models (via Fountain Pen Economics). Dr. Deans is back with an interesting post challenging assumptions on how businesses operate. Well worth the time to read.
- Robert Oster Australian Opal Mauve (via Gourmet Pens). Time to buy some more Robert Oster ink!
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here.
In Case You Missed It
This week on the blog, I took a look at yet two more recently released notebooks: the Studio Neat Panobook and the Baron Fig Raspberry Honey. I also reviewed "Cassis Black," an iron gall ink from Platinum's "Classic" Ink series. Finally, if you missed this week's Deals and Drops, check them out here.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.