- Prospective Look at the 2017 San Francisco International Pen Show (via Hand Over That Pen). The San Francisco Pen Show is next weekend, and I'm sad to be missing this one. In addition to featuring vendors such as Stylo Art, Shawn Newton, John Mottishaw, and more, it looks like there will be some excellent new classes and seminars that are different from your normal pen show fare. If you're in the area (or planning a weekend trip), the SF Pen Show should be well worth your time!
- Field Notes Shop Poster: Nailed It! (via Three Staples). Great looking poster. I may need to plan my own jaunt to Field Notes HQ when I'm in Chicago on business next month.
- Review: Weskin Journal by Bookblock (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). A very detailed review of the new Weskin notebook by someone who knows a lot about bookbinding.
- Robert Oster Graphite (via Alt. Haven). I'm not sure that I've read a review of a Robert Oster Ink that I didn't end up wanting to try.
- Pilot Custom 743 with Oblique Nibs (via Cronicas Estilograficas). So Pilot might be considering introducing oblique nibs into their lineup? Perhaps this is a test run?
- Inventery Mechanical Pen Review (via Pen Addict). Jeff has a nice review of the Inventery Mechanical Pen, which I'm in the process of reviewing myself. So far, I'm extremely impressed. More shots of this pen in my Instagram feed.
- Robert Oster ink.art Lake of Fire and Serendipity Hybrid Pen (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana reviews a new release from Robert Oster, plus the new Serendipity "Hybrid Pen" - basically a dip pen with a feed.
- Sailor ProColor Stardust Review (via Well-Appointed Desk). Following my review of the Taccia Spectrum, which uses Sailor stainless steel nibs, I received a few questions about whether the Sailor ProColor nibs were of similar (high) quality. Apparently they are. I need to check one of these out, and that "Stardust" color is gorgeous.
- DC Fountain Pen Supershow Impressions and Giveaway (via Squishy Ink). A great recap of the DC Pen Show from a first-time pen show attendee!
- How the Creator Behind the Viral Bullet Journal Turned His Own Life Hack into a Full-Time Business (via CNBC). A nice CNBC profile on Ryder Carroll, creator of the bullet journal. Thanks to The Cramped for bringing this to my attention!
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I reviewed the forthcoming "Weskin" Notebook from Bookblock, and also the ystudio Portable Fountain Pen in both "Classic" and "Brassing" models. If you missed this week's Deals and Drops, check out some great new releases here.
As always, thanks for reading, and Happy Sunday!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.