- "California Typewriter" Opens Across the U.S. (via Writing Ball). While it looks like Nashville isn't on the initial list of cities to receive a showing of the new typewriter-shop documentary, this has certainly made it's way onto my viewing list.
- Hodinkee Watch Collector's Notebook by Baron Fig (via Hodinkee). If you're not a watch-nerd like me, you may not know about Hodinkee, a popular watch site. Apparently they've collaborated with Baron Fig on a special edition watch-themed Confidant.
- Back-to-School Sale Composition Book Roundup, Part 3 (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). I've been tempted by the endless array of composition books out on the shelves for back to school season. Les has this three-part series comparing various brands, and it looks as though some work very well with fountain pens! Check out Part I and Part II here. I'm going to need to grab $10 and stock up on some inexpensive paper.
- Robert Oster Maroon 1789 (via Mountain of Ink). Burgundy inks are my favorite, and this is another great one. I picked up a bottle of this at the recent 2017 D.C. Pen Show.
- DC Supershow Recap 2017 (via Gourmet Pens). Azizah recaps this year's DC Pen Show, with lots of pictures.
- SF 2017: Kathereine's Recap (via Hand Over That Pen). Katherine recounts the 2017 San Francisco Pen Show. I'd have attended, but I was totally tapped out after D.C. I'm still planning my next pen show adventure... This review didn't make it any easier to miss!
- Montblanc The Legend of Zodiacs Red Chine Review (via Squishy Ink). While I love red inks, and typically Montblanc red inks, this one looks odd. Too washed out for my taste? I'll have to see it in person.
- Review: Baron Fig Mastermind (via Alt.Haven). Junee reviews the Baron Fig Mastermind desk pad, one of my favorite stationery products to be released this year, and one that I use every day.
- Kaweco Elite Fountain Pen with 14k Nib (via Clicky Post). Mike reviews the Kaweco Elite fountain pen, with one of Kaweco's 14K nibs that now seem to be more widely available.
- New and Improved Mary: What Pens and the Pen Community Have Given Me (via From the Pen Cup). Another great piece from Mary on the benefits of this community!
- Inventery Rollerball Pen (via Ed Jelley). Ed offers his take on the Inventery Rollerball Pen, which I'm in the process of reviewing myself.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I reviewed the new Montegrappa Fortuna "Heartwood" collection, as well as several inks from Caran d'Ache. Also, the 2018 Hobonichi Planner is out, and this week's Deals and Drops has links to some other planner releases.
Happy Sunday, and for those of you riding out the storm in Florida, stay safe!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.