- San Francisco Pen Show Report, Part I and Part II (via Hand Over That Pen). Franz has released his massive two-part San Francisco Pen Show Report, complete with lots of pictures. This show keeps moving up my list for next year.
- Noteworthy OFP #1 (via On Fountain Pens). After a long hiatus, Maybelline has brought the On Fountain Pens blog back, with the launch of the "Noteworthy" series discussing articles, new products, etc.
- Pelikan Edelstein Smokey Quartz Ink Review (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries reviews the newest Pelikan Edelstein Ink of the Year, Smokey Quartz. It's an interesting looking brown ink, and I'll be checking this out at the 2017 Pelikan Hubs event.
- Baron Fig Nomad Sticky Notes (via Alt.Haven). Junee reviews the Baron Fig Nomad, the dot grid sticky notes that they released this year. I've been enjoying these, though they don't get as much use as the Mastermind desk pad.
- Karas Pen Co. Decograph Review (via The Clicky Post). Mike has a review up of Karas Kustoms' first acrylic pen, the Decograph, which appears to be a very classic, traditionally inspired pen design.
- Franklin-Christoph S.I.G. Flex Nib Review (via The Pen Addict). Brad reviews Franklin-Christoph's newest custom nib offering, which is a "Flex" nib that may not be quite that, but apparently has some nice bounce to it. Consider it on the next pen show list!
- Diplomat Excellence A, Rhombus Guilloche Lapis (via Well-Appointed Desk). I enjoy Diplomat pens, and I've had my eye on this rhombus-patterned model for some time.
- New Pelikan Fall Releases (via Pelikan's Perch). The new releases from Pelikan already have my wallet hurting. In addition to the gorgeous (and expensive) Maki-e Dragonfly, there's the M605 "White Transparent," which may be the Pelikan that speaks to me the most.
- Bullet Journal Update (via The Finer Point). Jenny has an update on how her bullet journaling is going, and some layout choices she's made. I always enjoy reading others' journal/planner posts, and end up incorporating tips and such into my own workflow.
- Mr. Lentz Leather Notebook/Passport Covers (via The Clicky Post). Mike has two posts this week, including this review of a new leather goods company, Mr. Lentz.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
Special Offer from Featured Sponsor Goldspot Pens
Many thanks to Goldspot for sponsoring the blog this week. Goldspot is currently offering a promotion on Pelikan Pens, in which you receive a free bottle (or bottles!) of Edelstein ink with the purchase of certain pens. See my earlier post for details.
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I reviewed the Inventery Mechanical Pen, a new liquid ink rollerball from the Inventery design house out of Los Angeles. I also reviewed two inks from Graf von Faber-Castell: Cobalt Blue and the newly released "Electric Pink." Finally, don't miss this week's Deals and Drops, which brings you some stationery reading recommendations as well as the usual new product releases.
Happy Sunday, and thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.