- Pilot Custom 912 with Music Nib (via Ed Jelley). Ed reviews the Pilot Custom 912, an understated, yet high-quality pen that comes in a wide range of Pilot's specialty nibs.
- 2017 Pelikan Hub Palo Alto Report (via Hand Over That Pen). Franz reports in on Friday night's Pelikan Hub in Palo Alto, with noted Pelikan expert Rick Propas in attendance.
- Pelikan Hubs 2017 - Philadelphia Recap (via The Pelikan's Perch). Josh provides a recap of the Philadelphia Hub, and some overall statistics on how much the Hubs have grown in just a few years. I can echo his concerns that it is becoming increasingly difficult to find an appropriate space to host the events as they get larger, especially if you want enough space to do things such as sample inks, etc.
- Lamy Petrol Ink Review and Giveaway (via Pen Chalet). So Ron at Pen Chalet happened to find a lone leftover bottle of Lamy Petrol stashed away somewhere, and he's decided to give it away! Get in on this one while you can.
- On Being a Dad (via Nib & Ink). Excellent post from Matthew! Best of luck and many thanks for the shout out.
- Stationery Shopping in Vancouver, BC - Paper-Ya (via Three Staples). This seriously looks like it might be one of the greatest stationery stores in existence.
- Nock Co. A6 Seed Case Giveaway (via Nock Co.). The much-anticipated Nock Co. Seed Cases are starting to arrive, though they're not up for sale yet. Brad and Jeff are giving one away here while they wait for additional stock to come in.
- What the iPhone Hath Wrought (via Pinoy Penman). A great read and follow up on this NY Times Article, "Things the iPhone Helped Destroy." I probably won't be shelling out $1,000+ for the iPhone X. Sorry, Apple. That's, like, almost two Nakayas.
- Parker IM Premium Metal Chiseled 5th Mode (via Clicky Post). These Parker "Ingenuity" felt-tipped pens have always piqued my interest. At some point I'll need to check one out.
- Behind the Scenes at General Pencil Company (via CW Pencils). The team from CW Pencils took a trip to the General Pencil Company. There's some great pictures and videos from inside a 100 year-old pencil factory.
- Kaweco Perkeo Review (via Inkdependence). Another great review of the Perkeo, which is yet another recently released pen I have yet to try.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of blog sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Appelboom recently joined as a sponsor of this blog! Please check out their extensive selection and excellent pricing, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including special editions made by Sailor for Bung Box and Kobe Nagasawa in Japan. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including standard and special edition offerings from Aurora, as well as the ystudio line of pens from Taiwan.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Tom Barrington Leather Goods. Tom Barrington manufactures high-quality leather goods, including pen cases in stingray and ostrich leather. (Review of their leather two-pen sleeve here.)
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I reviewed some notebooks sent over by Scout Books, which I've used for a long time but for some reason have never made their way onto the site. I also provided a recap of the 2017 Nashville Pelikan Hub. This week's Deals and Drops features pre-order opportunities for some new Lamy releases, an exclusive collaboration between Fountain Pen Day and Ryan Krusac, and more.
Finally, check out this week's Sponsored Post from Oh Boy Artifacts, and award-winning stationery brand that is in the process of being relaunched. Learn more here, and you have the option to sign-up to receive updates directly from the company.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.