- Diamine Majestic Blue (via Mountain of Ink). I've been wanting to see a direct comparison between Diamine Majestic Blue and Akkerman Shocking Blue. They're similar in tone, but not the same.
- Sailor Professional Gear King of Pen Sky (via Hand Over That Pen). Great review, and excellent photos giving you an indication of just how big the King of Pen is.
- Karas Kustoms Decograph Fountain Pen (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!). I'm placing an order for a Decograph so that I can review this pen. Ian gives it very high marks, but I'm seeing so many mixed reviews that I want to check this one out for myself.
- Rickshaw Bagworks Cosmo Briefcase (via Nib & Ink). A nice-looking briefcase, and I love that herringbone tweed material. I need to check out some of Rickshaw's stuff.
- Monteverde Aldo Domani (via Alt.Haven). Yet another review observing that Monteverde sells pens that don't write out of the box. Pretty big issue that they need to get on top of, if you ask me.
- Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl Special Edition (via Pen Addict). Susan reviews Pelikan's latest M805 special edition. Again, this is one I'd have to see in person before ordering, given all the reports of color variation.
- Retro 51 Bamboo Display Tray (via Well-Appointed Desk). If you're in the market for a tray to display your pens, you could do worse than this one, especially at the price point. If you have a large Retro 51 collection, it's a no-brainer.
- Retro 51 Tornado Black Cherry Fountain Pen (via Gourmet Pens). At the $44 price point, this pen seems like a fair value, and explains the compromises that the company would have to make on a stock Schmidt nib and plastic section.
- Edelstein Ink of the Year 2018 - Olivine (via Pelikan's Perch). Edelstein inks are excellent, if the color palette tends to be a little staid. This color should sell well and prompt some ink hoarding.
- Rickshaw Pen/Pencil Sleeves & Pouches (+ Giveaway) (via Well-Appointed Desk). I've seen Rickshaw pen sleeves in person and like them a lot, especially their plush lining.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now pens from the resurrected Conway Stewart brand. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. A big welcome to Goldspot as a regular sponsor of the blog! Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I reviewed another pen from Giuliano Mazzuoli, the Moka, and I also reviewed a highly versatile machined pen by RIIND pens.
Don't miss this week's Deals and Drops, where I highlight some deals on outgoing 2017 special editions and also feature some newly released products.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.