- Ink Review: Krishna Brown Pink (via Macchiato Man). Yet another international boutique brand of ink garnering a lot of attention. This ink has some crazy sheen on certain paper.
- An Anecdote of Two Pens (via Hand Over That Pen). Great story from Franz, and excellent insight into the pen restoration process, which can be terrifying the first time you do it.
- Schon DSGN Pen Review (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!). I have a couple of these, and I need to get a review up on the blog at some point. These are great pocket pens.
- Colorverse Black Hole Review (via SquishyInk). These Colorverse inks have incredible sheen, and I love the darker color shades.
- Introducing the Platinum 3776 Oshino Fountain Pen (via Pen Chalet). I'm counting down the days until this drops on February 2. My pre-order is in.
- Inventery Co. Mechanical Pen (via Nib & Ink). Matthew had a different take on this one, which I liked. Apparently I owe him a couple pairs of pants.
- Baron Fig Lock & Key Limited Edition (via Clicky Post). Mike's review of this pen and notebook combo nails all the high points of what I think has to be the best Baron Fig release yet.
- 2017: A Year in Pencil Boxes (via CW Pencils). I'm not the biggest fan of stationery subscription services, but what CW Pencils is doing with their pencil box is one of the best out there, since the theme is much more "curated content" rather than "latest limited edition".
- Wing Sung 618 Demonstrator (via Well-Appointed Desk). So, it looks as though many of the Chinese manufacturers are starting to up their game in terms of quality, even going so far as to offer piston fillers. I'm going to start looking into these - any recommendations for cheap, yet high-quality, pens I should check out?
- Karas Kustoms Decograph 1801 Sleeping Beauty Limited Edition (via The Finer Point). Jenny reviews the newest Karas Kustoms Limited Edition Decograph. I purchased one of these recently, so look for my own impressions in the semi-near future, after I have a chance to put the pen through its paces.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now pens from the resurrected Conway Stewart brand. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. A big welcome to Paul's Paper & Pens as a regular sponsor of the blog. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States. Use the coupon code "TGS20" to get 20% off at checkout.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It ...
This week I reviewed the Baron Fig "Lock & Key" Confidant and Squire, which in my opinion is one of the best Baron Fig releases out there and will be hard to top. I also discussed my 2018 Notebook Setup, and I'm giving away two 2018 planners! Check the post for details.
If you haven't already, check out this week's Deals & Drops for some opportunities / recommendations on pen storage options.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.