- Dee Charles Designs Pocket Notebook Cover (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). Dee Charles designs makes nice leather products. I tried one of their two-pen sleeves a while back.
- Akkerman #5 Shocking Blue (via Mountain of Ink). During my visit to Vanness a couple weeks ago, they mentioned that this ink is one that they have trouble keeping in stock, even years after it became widely available outside of the Netherlands. This ink has a lot of sheen, but doesn't exhibit the super slow dry times and smearing like a lot of other sheen-y inks.
- 2017 Pen Wrap Up (via Hand Over That Pen). Katherine, Franz, and Pam go through their top 5 acquisitions of 2017. Some very nice grabs in here!
- Colorverse Dark Energy (via Squishy Ink). Those Colorverse inks have some crazy cool colors with amazing sheen. This brown/burgundy looks right up my alley.
- My Favorites of 2017 (via The Pencilcase Blog). Lots of 2017 recaps came out this week, and here's another great one, featuring some unique products that don't receive as much attention as they probably should.
- Monteverde Olivine (via Alt. Haven). This is an absolutely amazing color, but I've had trouble with it gunking up on the nib (I know others have as well). Anyone else had this issue or did I get a bottle from a bad batch?
- 3952 Abalone Shell Fountain Pen (via The Clicky Post). Mike reviews the Abalone Shell pen from 3952. (I reviewed the X800 from this same line a while back.) Previous pictures that I've seen of this pen hasn't shown it off in a very flattering light. Mike's pictures pique my interest. And, the entire 3952 line is currently on sale at Pen Chalet.
- Resolved: Use It Up! (via From the Pen Cup). A great resolution! Likewise, I'm trying to think of ways in which I can use up some of the various stashes I have sitting around here.
- Benu Pens Briolette (via The Pen Habit). Benu pens design may not be for everyone, but at least the company is trying to do something different, and props for that.
- Eye Candy: Vanness Exclusive Franklin-Christoph Pocket 45 (via Well-Appointed Desk). I also had the opportunity to see one of these in person during my trip to Vanness, and they're gorgeous!
- Review: ASC Pens Bologna Wild Dark Side Fountain Pen - Magic Flex (via Gourmet Pens). I've coveted an Omas pen in the Wild celluloid for years, but the price has been insane.
- Pelikan Class Photo 2018 (via TooManyInks). Just. Wow. Great photo, and I always look forward to this annual post.
- 2018 Planner Plans (via The Finer Point). Kudos to Jenny for finding a way to incorporate all the cool stuff into her rotation. I tried something similar this year, but at the end of the day felt that it was too much work to keep up with, and that I needed to pare it back.
- Pelikan M605 White Transparent (via The Pelikan's Perch). I keep going back and forth on this one, but I'll probably end up picking this pen up at some point at a pen show because I love the size of the M605 and Pelikan seems to ignore this pen more than most with it's limited editions.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having the largest offering of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now pens from the resurrected Conway Stewart brand.
- Goldspot Pens. A big welcome to Goldspot as a regular sponsor of the blog! Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Say Nice Things Stationery. SNT is a new UK-based notebook company that makes some really nice, reasonably priced journals and notebooks. Check out my review of some of their offerings here, as well as their recently released Flip/Flop Pocket Notebooks!
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I recapped my trip to Vanness Pens, and also reviewed, for the first time in a while, some lower-priced, entry-level options that I'd never tried before: the Nemosine Singularity and the Monteverde Monza. One was a hit, the other was a bit of a dud.
If you haven't yet, please check out this week's Deals and Drops, which continues to feature some excellent mark-downs as retailers clear-out stock from 2017 and prepare for the year ahead.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.