- Field Trip: La Couronne du Compte in Tilburg, The Netherlands (via Gourmet Pens). These Dutch pen stores are killing me. I need to get over there! Azizah did a nice video of the interior of the store and all the lines they carry.
- A Comparison of Three Modern Flex Nibs (via Pen Addict). Susan compares the Pilot FA, Aurora 88 Anniversario, and Franklin-Christoph SIG flex, all of which add a lot of character to your writing but none of which quite duplicate "vintage flex." Some great pens in here!
- My Everyday Carry Notebook (via Wonder Pens). I've never used the Midori B6 Slim, but I am a fan of the Nanami Cafe Note, which is the same size. B6 is very portable.
- Quick Look: Baron Fig Lock & Key Special Edition (via Pencilcase Blog). Dries publishes his thoughts on Baron Fig's latest Squire/Confidant combination, and I'm not surprised to hear that the "Key" (the brass Squire) has now sold out.
- Happy Galentine's Day, Fountain Pen Friends (via Fountain Pen Follies). Wow, that's a great collection of colorful pens!
- Kaweco Steel Sport Fountain Pen (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!). Despite this pen having been released a while ago, I've never seen one "in the wild," and it appears that they haven't shown up in stores stateside yet.
- Ink Shot Review: Diamine Sapphire Blue (via Gourmet Pens). I've been looking for a sapphire-toned blue that's a "more practical" ink than Bung Box Sapphire (i.e., I won't have to sell a kidney when my bottle runs out).
- Mindstone Sketchbook Review (via The Finer Point). Jenny reviews a sketchbook from Mindstone, an Austrian company that also has sent me a notebook for review. These are very attractive notebooks, and so far the Swedish paper is very nice for writing.
- M120 Iconic Blue Special Edition (via The Pelikan's Perch). A very nice-looking entry in the vintage-inspired M120 series from Pelikan. I'd probably be more inclined to pull the trigger on this one over the green and black, though a lot of that will depend on how the pricing works out.
- XS Pocket Fountain Pen by Ensso Design Kickstarter (via Ed Jelley). Another new pen Kickstarter project has launched, and this one is a pocket-sized follow-up from the makers of the PIUMA fountain pen.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. They're currently the only U.S.-based retailer I know of that stocks Opus 88 eyedropper pens from Taiwan.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now pens from the resurrected Conway Stewart brand. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. A big welcome to Paul's Paper & Pens as a regular sponsor of the blog. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States.
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I reviewed the leather "Guardian" Confidant cover and the "Sheath" Squire pen sleeve from Baron Fig. I also took a look at the recently released Lamy Aion, and unexpectedly generated a bit of controversy that had been percolating under the radar. It turns out that a lot of people have been having QC issues with this pen, which is disappointing.
Finally, don't miss this week's Deals and Drops, which features some new releases from Platinum and Pelikan, as well as a Bull & Stash coupon code!
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.