So, it looks like I'm not going to the Baltimore Pen Show this weekend, since Southwest is cancelling flights and I'm not in the mood to get airport-stranded. For this week's Deals and Drops, I thought I'd do a recap of those things that have my interest this pen show season, that I was planning on checking out at the shows. For those of you who make it to the Inner Harbor, enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates. Pricing and availability is current as of the date of publication of this post.
- Lamy Al-Star Vibrant Pink Special Edition (via Pen Chalet). A pen that I would want to see in person before pulling the trigger, but I've heard good things.
- Lamy Vibrant Pink Special Edition Bottled Ink (via Pen Chalet). Lamy's special edition ink is also starting to hit store shelves, but I haven't seen many reviews to date.
- Aurora Talentum Full Black Fountain Pen (via Pen Chalet). I don't think this one has been officially released yet, but I was hoping that the Kenro team would have one at the table.
- Colorverse Inks (via Vanness Pens). Pen shows are a great way to check out new lines of ink in person, like the new Colorverse inks from South Korea. Most retailers have "swatch books" that let you see how the ink looks on paper, and they often have tester pens loaded up.
- Krishna Ink (via Vanness Pens). Krishna Inks are another new line coming in from India, and it apparently has great sheen.
- Nock Co. Brasstown and Sinclair Pen Cases in Mandarin/Steel (via Anderson Pens). The new Nock Colorways are out, and the Andersons have them in stock. The orange cases look amazing.
- Aurora Duo Cart Fountain Pen (via Anderson Pens). The Aurora Duo Cart is a vintage-inspired, hooded nib pen that's getting a bit scarce. I don't know whether Aurora is discontinuing it or not, but I've been impressed and it's worth checking out at a show if you see it.
- Huckberry End of Winter Sale (via Huckberry). Huckberry is running their winter clearance, which includes reduced pricing on lots of EDC gear that readers might find interesting, including Karas Kustoms pens, pocket knives, and watches.
- Sailor Pro Gear Purple Cosmos (via Pen Boutique). A second shipment of Sailor Pro Gear Purple Cosmos has shipped to retailers, and there's a limited selection of nib sizes still available.
- New Designs from Yoshi Nakama (via 18111/Etsy). New frog and lotus roll stoppers? Definitely on my list of things to check out this year.
- Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue Fountain Pen (via Appelboom). I was really hoping to get to see one of the recently announced Pelikans, though they may not be stateside yet.
- Retro 51 Tornado Popper Swish (via Goldspot). I love the old red, white, and blue basketballs, and this pen is an awesome tribute.
- Cross Fountain Pen Clearance (via Cross). Cross has certain fountain pens on sale, including two of the Star Wars Townsends (C3PO and the Stormtrooper) below $300. Big price drop, if you've been waiting for it. There's also a monthly promotion to received 50% off the Star Wars click pens and journals.
- Waterman Charleston Fountain Pen (via Amazon). Unfortunately it looks as though the Charleston might be on the verge of being discontinued by Waterman. I've had my eye on this one for years and it's moved up onto my list.
- Ginormous Bottle of Pilot Blue-Black Ink (via Amazon). Stock up on what might be the greatest blue-black ink out there. Also available in red and black.
- Pen Boutique Winter Clearance Sale (via Pen Boutique). Pen Boutique is running a massive winter clearance sale, with pens and ink priced nearly 70% off.
- New Bull & Stash Journals (via Bull & Stash). I have a sample of the new Bull & Stash Journals that I was going to bring with me to Baltimore. Look for a review soon.
- Pilot Vanishing Point Crimson Sunrise Limited Edition (via Paul's Paper & Pens). I'll keep featuring these here until they are gone. Probably the last opportunity to purchase one of these at retail.
- Ateleia Pens (via Ateleia / Etsy). I really hope to be able to handle one of these pens again. I'm definitely adding one to my collection this year, but I would like to be able to handle the various materials first.
- Pilot Vanishing Point "Deep Yellow" Edition (via Amazon). Typically this color isn't available in the states, but I've seen it show up at some pen show vendors. Amazon is the easiest way to get your hands on one.
Most of my current Amazon recommendations have been moved to a separate page, featured here.