- Ana's Arkansas Pen Show Recap (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana has an epic, photo-intensive recap of the Arkansas Pen Show, which I unfortunately missed due to work commitments.
- Matt's Arkansas Pen Show Vlog (via Pen Habit). You should absolutely watch both Part I and Part II. Part I gives you an awesome idea of the scope of the Vanness store and their massive selection.
- The Return of Mabie Todd: Blackbird Inks (via UK Fountain Pens). So the Mabie Todd brand is back, with a new line of inks? I hadn't seen these yet. Some of the colors look interesting, especially the duskier shades.
- Field Notes Coastal: A Brief Review (via Fountain Pen Follies). The first Field Notes quarterly edition that's tempted me in some time. These are very well-done.
- Moonman M2 Review (via Frank Underwater). If you haven't heard of the Moonman M2, you should grab one of these while they're available. You can purchase through Amazon, if you don't like eBay or don't want to navigate Taobao.
- Midori 10th Anniversary White Grid Notebook (via Hand Over That Pen). This looks cool, though I do think the white lines showing through the writing would bug me.
- RIIND "The Pen" Review (via Pencilcase Blog). I love the Riind pen, and I'm glad to see it getting some attention.
- Mark One Minimal Pen by Studio Neat (via Clicky Post). Mike has already published his review of Studio Neat's latest Kickstarter project, the Mark One pen. He has the black version of this pen, look for my review of the white/copper version soon.
- Opus 88 Koloro Demonstrator (via Pen Addict). Susan reviews the Opus 88 Koloro demonstrator, which I agree is a great pen at an excellent price point.
- Rollo London Hardy Notebook Review (via The Finer Point). Jenny reviews the Rollo Hardy as well. Glad to see this notebook is getting attention!
- Who Makes Your Pokkas? (via Vimeo). Thanks to Terry from Pokka Pens, who tipped me off to this video on the Pen Company of America, a family-owned operation that makes Pokka Pens, among others.
- See You Later, Instagram (via Writing Ball). I'm thinking of doing something similar, or at least doing taking steps to cut back on my social media consumption. It's become much more of an absent-minded habit than anything that gives me real joy.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now pens from the resurrected Conway Stewart brand. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. A big welcome to Paul's Paper & Pens as a regular sponsor of the blog. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States.
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations, etc. This also provides a way for me to earn a referral fees to help support the site. Thanks everyone!
In Case You Missed It ...
This week on the blog was a bit of a blur, as I fought off both a cold and the day job increasingly encroaching on my "pen time." I still managed to get my posts up, though! I reviewed a new notebook from Rollo London, the "Hardy A5." I also reviewed a new pen and ink combination for me: the Faber-Castell Loom loaded up with Colorverse Quasar. Finally, since I've been restocking my office supplies at work, the focus of this week's Deals & Drops was disposable pens.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.