- Live in You Future Review (via Frank Underwater). Another interesting pen from China, but it looks as though getting one to the States might be challenging.
- BWI Pen Show Recap (via On Fountain Pens/Eric Aycock). I'm so disappointed that I missed this year's show (weather!!). Every review of this show that I read makes it clear that this show is now on the "A-list" of pen shows.
- Arkansas Pen Show Vlog, Days 3 and 4 (via Pen Habit). Days 3 and 4 of Matt's Arkansas recap makes me wish (yet again) I didn't miss this pen show.
- GLP Author Tomoe River Notebook (via UK Fountain Pens). While I love Tomoe River paper, sometimes manufacturers can be tempted to make the notebooks themselves too thick, making it difficult to write in the first section. A more slender notebook looks promising.
- Aurora Optima 365 Azurra (via Hand Over That Pen). The Aurora Optima is probably one of the pens not yet in my collection that appeals to me the most, and as Pam observes, it's because it's very similar to a Sailor Pro Gear, aesthetically.
- Studio Tartuensis Classic Notebook Review (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!). A very cool idea for recycling old library books. I must've missed this review a couple weeks ago.
- Faber-Castell Ondoro Fountain Pen Review (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!). I'm a huge fan of Faber-Castell and what they can do with a steel nib. The overall look of this pen doesn't appeal to me, necessarily, but you can bet it will write well.
- Lamy Aion Fountain Pen Review and Giveaway (via Pencilcase Blog). Dries reviews the Lamy Aion, and is giving one away!
- My Daily Notebooks 2018 (via Wonder Pens Blog). I love reading posts like these. There are lots of great ideas here if you'd like to be more organized about how you keep your notebooks.
- Celebrating Pencils: My Current Favorites (via Three Staples). Big props to the Caran d'Ache Blackwood and Apsara Pencils here. Two of my own personal favorites.
- KACO Sky II Fountain Pen (via The Pen Addict / Frank Underwater). Frank has a guest post over at the Pen Addict this week reviewing the KACO Sky II. I have an original KACO Sky, and I think we're going to be seeing more of these pens soon. They're good.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. This weekend, use the coupon code "EASTER" to save an additional 10%.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I recently reviewed.
- Vanness Pens and Kenro Industries. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now the full range of BENU pens. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. A big welcome to Paul's Paper & Pens as a regular sponsor of the blog. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States.
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations, etc. This also provides a way for me to earn a referral fees to help support the site. Thanks everyone!
In Case You Missed It ...
This week on the blog, I reviewed the Moonman M2, a new Chinese eyedropper that truly impressed me, and is a great example of a quality writing experience at a low price point. I also wrote my first bag review, of the Toffee Cases "Lincoln" briefcase. Finally, don't miss this week's Deals and Drops, where I looked at some high-capacity and eyedropper pens.
Happy holiday weekend, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.